Speedway Collapsible Steering Column, 22-1/2 - 32 Inch
Universal Fit, Straight Column Type, Floor Shifter Location, 32" Overall Length, Collapsible
- This collapsible steering column is not only safer but also much easier to install due to the adjustable length
- 32" extended and 22.5" fully collapsed length offers 9.5" of movement for maximum safety
- 3/4"-20 splined output end accepts a variety of U-joints or couplers for attachment to your steering shaft or steering gear
- Standard 3 bolt quick release makes entry and exit of the vehicle a breeze while also accepting a wide variety of steering wheels
- Heim mount is adjustable forward or rearward to accommodate the mounting requirements of your car
If you have ever crashed hard, you know the steering column can leave a big dent in your chest. These collapsible steering columns are not only safer, but much easier to install. Includes easy-install steering wheel disconnect and 3/4" mounting rod end. Adjustable from 22-1/2" to 32" in length.
- Safer than conventional steering column
- Collapses in the event of a major front impact
- Comes with quick-release steering wheel hub
- Adjustable from 22.5" to 32" in length
- Universal fit
- 22-½ to 32” column measured from the end of the shaft to the base of the quick release hub
- Quick release hub adds an additional 2” to the overall length
- O.D. of the main body is 1.125"
- O.D. of the bottom shaft is .750 and 20 spline
- Splined end accepts a variety of U-joint for attachment to your steering shaft or gear
- O.D. of the main hub sleeve is 2.525”
- O.D. of the hub sleeve flange is 3.17”
- Centerline of column to end of threads on ¾” heim mount is 3”
- Heim mount is adjustable forward/rearward to suit customers mounting requirements
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
Sweet Mfg. 405-10310 Collapsible Steering Column, 22-1/2 - 32 Inch
Speedway Collapsible Steering Column, 32 - 42 Inch
Collapsible Steering Colum and U-Joint Kit
Speedway Hot Rod Steering Columns
Nostalgia Steel Steering Column
Speedway Hot Rod Steering Column, Custom Length
Speedway Stainless Steel Steering Columns
Standard GM 5-Position Tilt Steering Column, 32 Inch Long, Plain
Hot Rod Nostalgia Steering Column, 30 Inch, Plain Stainless Steel
Standard GM 5-Position Tilt Steering Column, 30 Inch Long, Chrome
Q & A
Installing a universal tilt steering column in an old car is a common upgrade. Check out this tech article to learn how to mount your custom steering column correctly.
Watch our Steering Column Wiring Guide video for useful tips on wiring your new steering column for your vehicle. Ididit takes you through the wiring process.
Learn how to install a front axle in your 410 sprint car as the guys on our build team keep progress moving. You won't want to miss this!
Today on our 410 sprint car, the guys are assembling the front axle. The process can be a bit messy, but the finished product is so worth it!
Our new 383 engine gets installed in the '32 Roadster. We also update the steering wheel, shift knob/adapter, and wheels and tires. It's got some real 1960's flair now!
In this Tech Tip, John responds to a customer question about the versatility of one of our steering columns and its potential uses.
Unsure what column would work best for your project? The three primary styles are explained here!