Small Block Chevy Aluminum Single Upper Pulley, Short Pump
Chevy Small Block V8, 3.00" Overall Length, 6.60" Outside Diameter, 2.38" Mounted Length
Cast aluminum single groove V-belt upper pulley for 55-68 Small Block Chevy short style water pumps. Fits over 5/8" water pump snout, but can be drilled out to 3/4" if needed.
- Precision machined aluminum construction
- Lightweight and strong
- Single groove for V-belt
- From inside at fan hub to back side of pulley is 2-3/4"
- From back edge of pulley to center of V-belt groove is 5/16"
- Fits over a 5/8" water pump shaft (can be drilled to 3/4" if needed)
- Diameter is 6-5/8"
Get the correct pulleys for your application by learning which water pump you have as explained in our tech article. SBC - Short vs Long Water Pump.
Item DetailsSingle Groove, 6-5/8" Diameter
- It may be necessary to shim either or both of the pulleys to achieve perfect belt alignment. There are variances between manufacturers of both water pumps and pulleys.
- Water Pump ID Chart (GIF)
NotesMounted length is from the face of the water pump pulley mount towards the front of the engine. Center hole can be drilled to .75" if needed.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Q & A
Pat talks about our red solid core spark plug wire and rajah ends.
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
Jeff demonstrates how to install the front runner drive system by Vintage Air in his 1967 Chevelle project car all while maintaining a simple, factory fresh look.
Need a battery box housing unit? Follow this step by step guide on how to modify a retro cooler to house a battery box. See how to secure the battery box to a car floor.
Learn about the wiring of GM HEI Ignition Distributors with our diagrams and guide. Ensure you are getting the best performance out of your ignition system.
Check out our one wire alternator conversion guide. We cover GM 1 wire alternator wiring as well as Ford and Chevy. Learn about pulley ratio and charging too!
Brief review of the different types of Ford alternators and regulators available through Speedway Motors.