QA1 MG501-10500C Mod Series GM Front Pro Coil System, 500 lb.
70-81 Chevy Camaro, 70-81 Pontiac Firebird, Front Position, 500 lbs. Spring Rate
The QA1 GM Pro Coil System for 1970-1981 Camaros and Firebirds is a great option for anyone looking for fully adjustable ride height and valving control. Choose a spring rate and adjustability that fits your driving style, adjust the valving to match and you are on your way. These shocks also utilize a fully threaded body that allows you to adjust your ride height for the perfect stance or to finely tune the weight balance for superior handling.
Specially designed for QA1's Pro Coil Systems, the American-made lightweight high travel springs* have fewer coils and a smaller wire diameter, resulting in increased travel due to the larger distance between the coils. They reduce unsprung weight and react faster, optimizing suspension performance. Multiple spring rate options are also available and have been successfully tested in various applications, from casual street driving to hard core race applications.
Adjustable Pro Coil System Features:
- MOD™ Series - independent compression and rebound double adjustable
- Lightweight Billet Aluminum Coil-Over Shocks
- High Travel Springs*
- Easy, Bolt-In Installation
- Ride Height Adjustable
- 100% Dyno Tested and Serialized
- Serviceable and Rebuildable by QA1 Authorized Service Centers
- Made in the USA
- Used in drag racing, street performance, autocross, road racing and street rod applications
- Sold in Pairs
Additional MOD™ Series Features:
- Features QuickTune™ technology - modular valve packs that allow for completely revalving the shock without having to remove it from the car!
- Medium compression and rebound valve packs standard
- Soft or firm compression and rebound valve packs also available
- 24 click independent compression and rebound adjustment with low-speed bleed
- Large solid piston (with blow-off valve) for improved driver feel and control with up to 1,600 lb. force
- High-speed valving adjustment (coarse adjustment)—relates to shock operation during impact events, like hitting a pothole or curb
- Low-speed valving (fine-tune adjustments)—adjusts ride quality and weight transfer on corner entry/exit; more bleed for softer feel and less bleed for stiffer feel
- Indexable base eyelet—multiple mounting position to optimize knob access and provide more mounting flexibility
- Made to be used with bottom eyelet style mount in tubular control arms
- Thrust bearings included
SPRING RATE CHART
The chart below is a general guideline for selecting spring rates for QA1's GM Front Pro Coil Shock Systems. Spring rates may vary depending on applications, usage, and personal preference.
|FRONT AXLE WEIGHT IN LBS.|
AVERAGE VEHICLE WEIGHT
Not sure what your vehicle weighs? See our detailed Spring Rate Chart with Vehicle Weights for general guidelines on determining the approximate weight of popular vehicles.
Fits: 1970-1981 Camaros and Firebirds
|Vehicle Weight||MOD™ Series Adjustable|
**MOD™ Series shocks include thrust bearings, spanner wrenches sold separately
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 5 business days for QA1 to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
More Like This
QA1 MG501-10400C Mod Series GM Front Pro Coil System, 400 lb.
QA1 MG501-10450C Mod Series GM Front Pro Coil System, 450 lb.
QA1 MG501-10550C Mod Series GM Front Pro Coil System, 550 lb.
QA1 MG501-11300C Mod Series GM Front Pro Coil System, 300 lb.
QA1 MG501-10350C Mod Series GM Front Pro Coil System, 350 lb.
QA1 MG501-10600C Mod Series GM Front Pro Coil System, 600 lb.
QA1 MG501-10650C Mod Series GM Front Pro Coil System, 650 lb.
QA1 MG501-11250C Mod Series GM Front Pro Coil System, 250 lb.
QA1 GS501-10650C Pro Coil-Over System, Camaro, Firebird
QA1 GS501-10550C Pro Coil-Over System, Camaro, Firebird
Q & A
In this episode, Project Chevelle gets coilovers and a much-needed altitude adjustment. Watch as we install QA1 bolt-on coilover kits front and rear, then dial in the perfect stance and shock settings. Our old Chevelle is really starting to look mean!
Speedway Motors employee Steve is back to work on his 1976 Chevrolet Laguna, this time installing a QA1 Coilover kit in his front suspension.
Product guru Jeff K. takes us along as he updates the suspension on his 1946 Ford Sedan Delivery with a set of fresh Mustang II coilovers following an unfortunate incident with a pothole.
Speedway Motors shares a How-To of selecting the right coilovers for your T-Bucket.
See how Jeff converts his 1967 Chevelle rear suspension to QA1 double adjustable coil-over suspension. This allows added adjustability for ride height and compression and rebound characteristics.
We add some tuneability to the suspension on Project Chevelle by bolting on QA1 coilovers front and rear.
Learn how to mount coil-overs with this guide. We can help you find your spring rate, compensate for mounted angle, and measure your replacement shock.