QA1's rebuildable twin tube shocks offer the performance, consistency and tunability racers demand. Formerly known as 82 series shocks, the 8Q series is an aluminum small-body shock available in bearing mount configurations. The threaded body makes it very easy to use in coil-over configurations with QA1 kits (sold separately). Racers can choose from 3-9" bodies depending on rules and applications.
The 8Q offers all the performance of QA1's proven large body shocks in a more compact package. The smaller outside diameter makes this shock a great option for lightweight classes or applications where clearance is an issue.
Small details add up to provide great overall performance. The scalloped base loop increases clearances in tight areas like upper control arms and shock mounts. Pistons are made of high-quality raw aluminum to maximize consistency. To maximize tunability, you can valve the shock with bleed shims or drill out bleeds.
- Twin tube 1-5/8" diameter threaded shock with eyelet bearing-mounts
- 6" stroke, 17-3/4" eye to eye
- 8Q shocks can be re-valved and rebuilt by racers in a matter of minutes using basic tools and available kits
- The gland features relief cuts and a hyper screw port, making shocks easy to fill and bleed on assembly
- Upgraded seals minimize leaks-especially in high-rebound applications
- The compression tube uses a slip fit design to simplify rebuilds
- Laser-engraved, black-anodized closure nut make serial numbers and valving easy to read at the track or in the shop
Racers can rebuild and re-valve their own shocks using available kits (sold separately).
Type: Twin Tube
Body Diameter: 1-5/8"
Body Material: Aluminum
Body Finish: Black zinc
Threaded Body: Yes
Adjustable Valving: No
Base Valve: Yes
Gas Charged: No
Coilover Compatible: Yes
CK8Q00 – 1-7/8" ID SPRING
Applications: Dwarf cars, Legends, Mini/Micro Sprint, Midgets, Any low clearance application