QA1 26A73-9M 26 Series Shock, 13.4/20.63 Comp/Ext, 3-9M Valving
Dirt Late Model, Modified, Pavement Late Model, Mono Tube Shock Type, Smooth Shock Body Type
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 10 business days for QA1 to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
The 26 Series shock is a one piece monotube shock that is well suited for a variety of track conditions or as a traction shock in various applications. Constructed with a zinc plated body for corrosion resistance, this shock is a popular choice for modifieds, late models, super stocks and various other classes. Works best on rough tracks and as an easy-up shock on many dirt cars, and on bumpy asphalt tracks in all banking types.
- 2" O.D. zinc plated steel monotube body
- Available with Hyperscrew, Sealed Hyperscrew (IMCA Legal) or Schrader Valve
- Deflective disc valving
- Linear, digressive and linear/digressive valving available
- Uses a premium proprietary blend of specially engineered oil to prevent fade
- 46mm piston allows for maximum car control at all shaft velocities
- 15mm centerless ground, hard chrome plated piston rod eliminates piston rod flex, increasing valving consistency
- Damping curve allows for complete control of suspension at low shaft speeds without creating extreme forces at high shaft velocities
- Can be run in any orientation with no change in rate
- Replaceable 1/2" I.D. bearings
- Racer rebuildable and revalveable for unparalleled repeatability
- Custom valving available
- 100% dyno tested
- Made in the USA
Hyperscrew vs. Sealed Hyperscrew (IMCA legal) vs. Schrader Valve
Hyperscrew (26 Series) The hyperscrew equipped shocks have a threaded round port near the bearing end of the shock body. This hole is then sealed with a small screw that has an O-ring built into it, sealing the nitrogen gas pressure inside the shock.
Sealed Hyperscrew (26A Series)
The gas pressure of these shocks is only adjustable by QA1 and QA1 Authorized Rebuilders per sanctioning body, like IMCA, and track rules.
Schrader Valve (26V Series)
With a Schrader valve you can easily adjust your gas pressure. Much like adding air to your car tires, the Schrader valve allows you to make "on the fly" gas pressure adjustments between heat races and features to adjust for varying track conditions.
More Like This
QA1 26V73-9M 26 Series Shock, 13.4/20.63 Comp/Ext, 3-9M Valving
QA1 26V74-9M 26 Series Shock, 13.4/20.63 Comp/Ext, 4-9M Valving
QA1 2673-9M 26 Series Shock, 13.4/20.63 Comp/Ext, 3-9M Valving
QA1 26A73-10M 26 Series Monotube Shock, 13.4/20.63 Comp/Ext, 3-10M Valving
QA1 26A73-8M 26 Series Shock, 13.4/20.63 Comp/Ext, 3-8M Valving
QA1 1693-9M 16 Series Monotube Shock, 15.38/24.13 Comp/Ext, 3-9M Valving
QA1 1673-9M 16 Series Monotube Shock, 13.38/20.13 Comp/Ext, 3-9M Valving
QA1 2695 26 Series Monotube Shock, 15.4/24.63 Comp/Ext, 5-5 Valving
QA1 2677 26 Series Steel Monotube Shock, 7/7 Comp/Reb
QA1 2696 26 Series Shock w/ Hyperscrew, 15.4/24.63 Comp/Ext, 6-6 Valving
Q & A
Kyle Vanover discusses how dents affect racing shocks. Learn how monotubes and twin tubes are affected by damage differently.
Tim talks about what options we have for hot rod shocks.
Call Our Experienced Shock Techs For Details At 800.979.0122. Shipping Information ... Have Your Shocks Dyno Tested To Ensure Optimum Performance!
Speedway Motors employee Pat O. talks about shock ends.
Follow along as Kyle Vanover share tips on how to keep your shocks clean.
Kyle Vanover explains the results of tires rubbing on shocks. Check out this video and give the Speedway Motors Shock Tech department a call for assistance.
In this episode, Project Chevelle gets coilovers and a much-needed altitude adjustment. Watch as we install QA1 bolt-on coilover kits front and rear, then dial in the perfect stance and shock settings. Our old Chevelle is really starting to look mean!