Pro Race 21262 Pro/Street 6.1 Inch SBC Harmonic Balancer,Internal
Chevy Small Block V8, 6.1" Outside Diameter, 1.246" Inside Diameter, 4.6 lbs. Weight
- These lightweight dampers weigh only 4.6 pounds
- Designed specifically for the 283-350 Small Block Chevy
- Has a 6.10" outside diameter and is internally balanced
- They have been machined to tolerances far exceeding those used by OEM manufacturers
- The permanent rolled-in timing marks are very visible and will never fade or become less visible
These Pro/Street SBC harmonic dampers by Pro Race Performance Products have been machined to tolerances far exceeding those used by OEM’s. Dampers are lightweight, weighing 4.6 pounds. These dampers feature an amazing overall surface finish. Permanent rolled-in timing marks are very visible and will never fade or become less visible! Internally balanced. Sold each.
- Pro/Street 21262 Harmonic Damper
- 6.10" outside diameter
- 4.6 pounds
- Internally balanced
- For 283-350 Small Block Chevy
• “Nodular Iron Construction – Most cast dampers are manufactured from gray iron castings. Nodular iron is over 30% stronger than gray iron.
• Bonded Elastomer – Outer ring and inner hub are bonded (vulcanized) to the elastomer. This minimizes the potential for the outer ring to move on the hub, losing true TDC position.
• Precision Balanced – Dampers are machined and precision balanced. • 60o of permanent easy to read timing marks (40o on SB Ford models)
About Nodular Iron
Nodular Iron, also referred to as ductile iron, is typically the material used for heavy duty or racing applications of cast iron products. It is approximately 30% stronger than gray iron. So it was only natural that when PRO/RACE developed the heavy duty OE replacement PRO/STREET dampers, high strength nodular iron was the material of choice.
While PRO/STREET dampers are not intended for racing, the fact that they are cast of nodular iron, as opposed to ordinary gray iron, means that they are suitable for higher
rpms than most competitive models. (Note: The PRO/STREET Nodular Iron Harmonic Dampers are NOT SFI certified). However to prove the integrity of the PRO/STREET dampers, we had the SFI test lab run some spin tests. The PRO/STREET damper was subjected to 8,000rpm for one hour, and then 12,500 rpm for 15 minutes with no sign of degradation! (note: this by no means suggests the PRO/STREET damper should be used in extreme applications – use PRO/RACE or PRO/SPORT for high performance applications).
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
Pro Race 31262 Pro/Sport 6.1 Inch SBC Harmonic Balancer Int Balanced
Pro Race 34262 Pro/Sport 6.61 Inch SBC Harmonic Balancer
Small Block Chevy Harmonic Balancer, 6-3/4 Inch, Black
Professional Products 80010 SBC Lightweight Harmonic Balancer, 6"
Fluidampr Balancers 620101 SBC Harmonic Balancer, 6.25 Inch
Professional Products Small Block Chevy 6 Inch Harmonic Balancer, SFI
ATI 917781 Super Damper Std Harmonic Balancer, S/B Chevy Engines
Speedway Chrome SBC 350 Fluid Harmonic Balancer, 6.25 Inch
TCI 870001 Chevy S/B V8 Int Balance Rattler Harmonic Balancer
Pro Race 24264 Pro/Street 8 Inch 454 BBC Harmonic Balancer
Q & A
Learn about the importance of getting the chain tension set correctly, and why it is critical that we get it as near perfect as we can. Walkthrough a basic procedure that effectively and consistently gets the chain tension set properly every time.
Step back in time with our modern reproduction of the iconic Chevy 461 double hump cylinder heads, now cast in lightweight aluminum! In this video, Joe and Wyatt discuss the features that bring the vaunted camel hump heads into the 21st Century.
There are a few things to consider before you select a replacement flexplate for your small-block Chevy engine. Speedway has some useful tips to follow that will help speed up the process.
Professional insight on some useful crate engine tools that will improve your engine building experience.
Check out this helpful piston ring style chart.
Learn how to identfy motors for your LS Swap. In this guide we cover generation 4 small block engines and some of the cheaper options for more power.
Trying to decide which power plant to use in your latest project? Here's a quick guide of modern V8 engines for hot rodders to consider.