Powermaster PowerGEN 1949-53 Flathead Ford 1-Wire Alternators, 12-Volt
One Wire Alternator, V-Belt Belt Type, Generator-Look Alternator Case Style
- Features an easy, one wire hook-up
- Kit includes a pulley to fit a 5/8" wide belt
- It uses the stock-appearing bracket and fan carrier bolts
- Puts out 65 amp idle, 75 amp cruise, and 90 at amp top end
- Specifically designed to fit the 1949-1953 Ford Flathead V8
If you like traditional looks and reliable, modern performance, you’ll love this cool Flathead 1-wire alternator. It has the look of an original generator, but is really a 12-volt, negative-ground alternator that produces 65 amps at idle and 75 amps going down the road. This model is designed to fit 1949-1953 Ford & Mercury Cars and 1948-1953 Ford Trucks with Flathead V8s and features a simple one-wire hookup.
We offer this one wire alternator in black painted or polished aluminum, and both include stock-appearing mounting brackets (the stock fan carrier bolts to that bracket) and pulleys that accept wide 5/8” belts.
- Easy one-wire hookup
- 65 amp idle, 75 amp cruise, 90 amp top end
- 5/8" wide belt pulley included
- If using 3/8" wide belt, order pulley # 91067178
- Uses stock-appearing bracket and fan carrier bolts
- 910-67165 Specifications (Link)
- 0.6625" shaft
- Powergen Cutaway View (Link)
- For dual carb setups see "shorty" version 82023
- The belt that runs the fan should not be used to run the generator.
Powermaster's warranty is one year from the date of purchase on all street rod components, and 90 days for any component use for an off road or race application.
Powermaster will provide technical support regarding warranty claims and inquiries directly to the purchaser to help resolve any warranty claims or necessary technical support for warranty resolution. Component or components can be returned to Speedway Motors as long as the product is still under warranty.
All customer service inquiries pertaining to warranty and defect claims are to be handled by Speedway Motors if under one year street or 90 days race. If the product is out of warranty please contact Powermaster direct to discuss their repair and return program.
910-67165 Instructions (PDF)
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Q & A
Pat talks about our red solid core spark plug wire and rajah ends.
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
Learn about GM alternator identification in our guide. We cover GM 3 wire alternators, 1 wire alternators, and externally regulated so you know what to choose.
Check out our one wire alternator conversion guide. We cover GM 1 wire alternator wiring as well as Ford and Chevy. Learn about pulley ratio and charging too!
Brief review of the different types of Ford alternators and regulators available through Speedway Motors.
Kevin W. walks through each step of installing a new alternator bracket on a 454 Big Block Chevy.
These are the specifications for the alternator and A/C brackets from Bill's Hot Rod Company available at Speedway Motors.