Powermaster 9507 Flathead Ford V8 Gear Reduction Starter
Automatic and Manual Transmission Type, Mini Starter Size, Natural, 8.5 lbs. Weight
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Powermaster XS Torque gear reduction starters are built using all new components and cranks out 200 ft./lbs. of torque. It bolts up like an original starter, but its gear-reduction design gives it more power to crank over high-compression engines. Fits USA-made 1932-1953 flathead Ford V8 engines using manual transmissions & steel flywheels.
- Small, compact size provides additional clearance
- Bolts to original mounting points
- Can be mounted upside down for header clearance
- 4.4:1 gear reduction ratio
- Cranking power for up to 18:1 compression
- Works with our steel, manual-shift flywheels
- Fits 1932-1953 USA-made flathead Ford V8s using a steel manual-shift flywheel.
- Will NOT work with our Aluminum (56052700 & 91015625) or Steel/Aluminum (91015624) flywheel on a '48 or older Flatheads.
- If header clearance is an issue, this starter can be mounted upside down. It will not hang down too far and the cable hookup point can still be accessed on the back side.
- Drive depth is 1.562" (from the mounting flange to the tip of the drive fully extended).
Powermaster's warranty is one year from the date of purchase on all street rod components, and 90 days for any component use for an off road or race application.
Powermaster will provide technical support regarding warranty claims and inquiries directly to the purchaser to help resolve any warranty claims or necessary technical support for warranty resolution. Component or components can be returned to Speedway Motors as long as the product is still under warranty.
All customer service inquiries pertaining to warranty and defect claims are to be handled by Speedway Motors if under one year street or 90 days race. If the product is out of warranty please contact Powermaster direct to discuss their repair and return program.
NotesOuter mounting flange is 4.5" O.D. Inner mount area is 3" O.D. with an outer to inner step of 7/16".
More Like This
Speedway Stump Puller Flathead V8 Starter, Manual Trans.
Powermaster 9508 French Block Flathead V8 Starter
Powermaster 92507 Flathead Ford V8 Starter, 12 Volt
1949-1953 Ford Flathead C4/AOD Replacement Starter, 12V
Powermaster 19507 XS Torque Starter, Mini, Chrome, Ford
Powermaster 19508 XS Torque Starter, Mini, Chrome, Ford
Quarter Master 114260 Reverse-Mount Starter, Clutch
Quarter Master 114267B Starter for Bellhousing 910105121
Brinn 79060 -Style Starter
Q & A
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!
Industry friends Street Rod Life sat down and started talking starters. Check out the attached article on what the discussion uncovered.
In preparation to transplant a 430hp 383 stroker into Project Chevelle, Zach R. made up a set of plug wires for the car. To keep it nice and tidy they needed to be routed just right, be the perfect length and not distract from the engine!
Kevin W. walks through each step of installing a new alternator bracket on a 454 Big Block Chevy.
This creative Chevelle project explains the process of installing a battery box into a retro cooler with some hiccups along the way. Where there's a will, there's a way.
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.
Speedway Motors has some great tips on how to get the best performance out of your ignition system. Let's take a look at the the GM HEI style distributor, possibly one of the most affordable performance distributors today.