Powermaster 9507 Flathead Ford V8 Gear Reduction Starter
Automatic and Manual Transmission Type, Mini Starter Size, Natural, 4.40:1 Gear Ratio
Powermaster XS Torque gear reduction starters are built using all new components and cranks out 200 ft./lbs. of torque. It bolts up like an original starter, but its gear-reduction design gives it more power to crank over high-compression engines. Fits USA-made 1932-1953 flathead Ford V8 engines using manual transmissions & steel flywheels.
- Small, compact size provides additional clearance
- Bolts to original mounting points
- Can be mounted upside down for header clearance
- 4.4:1 gear reduction ratio
- Cranking power for up to 18:1 compression
- Works with our steel, manual-shift flywheels
- Fits 1932-1953 USA-made flathead Ford V8s using a steel manual-shift flywheel.
- Will NOT work with our Aluminum (56052700 & 91015625) or Steel/Aluminum (91015624) flywheel on a '48 or older Flatheads.
- If header clearance is an issue, this starter can be mounted upside down. It will not hang down too far and the cable hookup point can still be accessed on the back side.
- Drive depth is 1.562" (from the mounting flange to the tip of the drive fully extended).
Powermaster's warranty is one year from the date of purchase on all street rod components, and 90 days for any component use for an off road or race application.
Powermaster will provide technical support regarding warranty claims and inquiries directly to the purchaser to help resolve any warranty claims or necessary technical support for warranty resolution. Component or components can be returned to Speedway Motors as long as the product is still under warranty.
All customer service inquiries pertaining to warranty and defect claims are to be handled by Speedway Motors if under one year street or 90 days race. If the product is out of warranty please contact Powermaster direct to discuss their repair and return program.
NotesOuter mounting flange is 4.5" O.D. Inner mount area is 3" O.D. with an outer to inner step of 7/16".
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Q & A
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!
Industry friends Street Rod Life sat down and started talking starters. Check out the attached article on what the discussion uncovered.
Jeff demonstrates how to install the front runner drive system by Vintage Air in his 1967 Chevelle project car all while maintaining a simple, factory fresh look.
Need a battery box housing unit? Follow this step by step guide on how to modify a retro cooler to house a battery box. See how to secure the battery box to a car floor.
Learn about the wiring of GM HEI Ignition Distributors with our diagrams and guide. Ensure you are getting the best performance out of your ignition system.
Check out our one wire alternator conversion guide. We cover GM 1 wire alternator wiring as well as Ford and Chevy. Learn about pulley ratio and charging too!
Brief review of the different types of Ford alternators and regulators available through Speedway Motors.