Power Steering Adapter and Flow Valve Kit
Universal Fit, Straight Angle
- Includes Power Steering Adapter O-Ring to Inverted Flare & Mustang II Power Steering Flow Valve
- Insert the adapter into the flow control fitting and then install your inverted flare hose
- Use to convert from 16mm o-ring to 5/8" inverted flare style
- Valve reduces the fluid flow from three gallons-per-minute to two gallons-per-minute
- Installs in the back side of the pump as shown in the extra photos
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
We know how frustrating parts of building your hot rod dreams can be. Getting the right fittings and accessories for your power steering setup can be confusing - we took care of the troubles for you with our Power Steering Adapter and Flow Valve Kit.
- (1) Speedway Motors Power Steering Adapter O-Ring to Inverted Flare
- (1) Speedway Motors Mustang II Power Steering Flow Valve
Speedway Motors Power Steering Adapter O-Ring to Inverted Flare
If you have a power steering pump using late model style O-ring sealed hoses that you need to adapt to traditional inverted flare hoses, this inverted flare adapter is a simple fix. Simply insert the adapter into the flow control fitting and then install your inverted flare hose. Use to convert from 16mm o-ring to 5/8" inverted flare style.
- Angle: Straight
- Diameter Big End: .500"
- Diameter Small End: .380"
- Inside Diameter: .240"
- Overall Height: .404"
Speedway Motors Mustang II Power Steering Flow Valve
It is common to use an early GM power steering pump with a Mustang II power rack and pinion. Most who have tried it have found that the steering was twitchy or that it easily darts. This valve reduces the fluid flow from three gallons-per-minute to two gallons-per-minute, which cures the problem. For applications using the O-ring style power steering hoses. Installs in the back side of the pump as shown in the extra photos.
- 5/8 Female Thread
- 3/4-16 Male Thread
- O-ring 200-113
910-32918 Instructions (PDF)
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
What's In The Kit
O-Ring to Inverted Flare Power Steering AdapterPart # 91032921Qty x 1
Mustang II Power Steering Flow Valve for GM Pump, 2 GPMPart # 91032918Qty x 1
Q & A
Learn about Mustang II Power steering and the components that are necessary for success.
Learn how to hook up a horn button in your vehicle. Watch our video on the install of an Ididit car horn button and our video on turn signal synchronization.
Nice graphic courtesy of Bills Hot Rod Company about which of thier Power Steering brackets will work with which water pumps, on both small block and big block Chevy engines.
In this Tech Tip, a customer asked about the correct parts needed to set up the power steering system on his 1955 BelAir.
How to install an electronic power steering unit in a micro sprint and the benefits of using power steering. This article includes which parts to use to complete your power steering installation.