Plain 1946-1953 Flathead Alternator Bracket
Steel, Zinc Plated
- Bracket fits 1946-53 Ford Flathead V8 engines
- Made from heavy duty steel for durability
- Available in a plain or chrome plated finish
- Designed to work with the two narrow-belt drive systems typical of the late 1950-53 Ford/Mercury passenger cars
- Must use a different fan bracket on some 1945-48 applications
Just because you've got a vintage Flathead Ford V8 in your ride doesn't mean you're stuck with the antiquated charging system. Switching to a tried-and-true GM 1-wire alternator is a great upgrade for any Flathead-equipped vehicle with a 12-volt electrical system.
- Bracket fits 1946-1953 V-8 engines
- Heavy-duty steel construction
- Can easily be painted to match your engine
- Designed to work with the two narrow-belt drive system typical of late '50-'53 Ford/Mercury passenger cars
- Will not work with single wide belts unless the alternator is modified (see Notes)
- 3/8" I.D. hole for mounting the alternator
- Tapped 7/16"-20 to mount to the engine
Mounting Guide (Link)
- 1946-1953 Flathead Ford V-8 engines with narrow two-belt drive systems
- Can be used with wide single-belt configurations with some modification
- Must use different fan bracket on some 1945-1948 applications
- This bracket assembly is designed to mount the common SI-style GM alternator in a centered location on 1946-1953 Flathead Ford V8s. The brackets are intended to be used with a narrow-belt, two-belt configuration.
- To use this bracket on a wide belt car or truck you would need to cut approximately 1/2" to 5/8" from the wide boss on the base of the alternator. You would also need to cut a similar amount from the spacer supplied with the bracket. This must be done to get the alternator pulley to line up with the drive belt.
- Bracket usually provides enough clearance for center mounting of an alternator even on Super Dual and Triple style Flathead intakes on late style engine. The alternator mounts in front of the bracket.
NotesMay need to cut 1/2" - 5/8" from wide mount boss on alternator case to use this on '49-'50 cars and '48-'52 trucks with 5/8" belts. Equal amount would have to be cut from supplied spacer.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
Chrome 1946-1953 Flathead Alternator Bracket
Edelbrock 1146 1949-53 Flathead Offset Generator Bracket
Plain 1938-1945 Flathead Alternator Bracket
Chrome 1938-1945 Flathead Alternator Bracket
Offenhauser 1093 37-48 Flathead Drve Side Head Mount Generator Bracket
Offenhauser 1094 37-48 Flathead Head Mount Generator Bracket-Pass Side
1954-62 Ford Car and 1954-64 Ford Truck Y-Block Alternator Bracket
Edelbrock 8506 Generator Stud Kit, Ford Flathead 1938-48
Chrome Universal Alternator Bracket Arm
Mr Gasket 9853 Alternator Spacer, Universal, 4 x 7/16 Inch
Q & A
Pat talks about our red solid core spark plug wire and rajah ends.
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
Follow along as our Expert details his restoration methods for making an engine in an old 1954 Chevy look new again with a little cleaning and refinishing.
Kevin W. walks through each step of installing a new alternator bracket on a 454 Big Block Chevy.
These are the specifications for the alternator and A/C brackets from Bill's Hot Rod Company available at Speedway Motors.
Check out our one wire alternator conversion guide. We cover GM 1 wire alternator wiring as well as Ford and Chevy. Learn about pulley ratio and charging too!
Brief review of the different types of Ford alternators and regulators available through Speedway Motors.