Chrome 1946-1953 Flathead Alternator Bracket
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Just because you've got a vintage Flathead Ford V8 in your ride doesn't mean you're stuck with the antiquated charging system. Switching to a tried-and-true GM 1-wire alternator is a great upgrade for any Flathead-equipped vehicle with a 12-volt electrical system.
- Bracket fits 1946-1953 V-8 engines
- Heavy-duty steel construction w/ chrome plating
- Designed to work with the two narrow-belt drive system typical of late '50-'53 Ford/Mercury passenger cars
- Will not work with single wide belts unless the alternator is modified (see Notes)
Mounting Guide (Link)
- 1946-1953 Flathead Ford V-8 engines with narrow two-belt drive systems
- Can be used with wide single-belt configurations with some modification
- Must use different fan bracket on some 1945-1948 applications
- This bracket assembly is designed to mount the common SI-style GM alternator in a centered location on 1946-1953 Flathead Ford V8s. The brackets are intended to be used with a narrow-belt, two-belt configuration.
- To use this bracket on a single wide belt car or truck you would need to cut approximately 1/2" to 5/8" from the wide boss on the base of the alternator. You would also need to cut a similar amount from the spacer supplied with the bracket. This must be done to get the alternator pulley to line up with the drive belt.
- Bracket usually provides enough clearance for center mounting of an alternator even on Super Dual and Triple style Flathead intakes on late style engine. The alternator mounts in front of the bracket.
More Like This
Plain 1946-1953 Flathead Alternator Bracket
Chrome 1938-1945 Flathead Alternator Bracket
Billet Small Block Ford Alternator Bracket
Offenhauser 1093 37-48 Flathead Drve Side Head Mount Generator Bracket
1969-1975 Small Block Chevy Alternator Brace
1965-1968 Small Block Chevy Alternator Brace
1976-1986 Small Block Chevy OEM Alternator Brace
1965-68 Small Block Chevy Alternator Brace
Small Block & Big Block Chevy Alternator Brace
Small Block Chevy Low Mount Alternator Bracket, Plain
Q & A
Pat talks about our red solid core spark plug wire and rajah ends.
A routine weekly maintenance checklist to perform between each race in order to keep a clean and efficient race car at the track.