Chrome 1946-1953 Flathead Alternator Bracket
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Just because you've got a vintage Flathead Ford V8 in your ride doesn't mean you're stuck with the antiquated charging system. Switching to a tried-and-true GM 1-wire alternator is a great upgrade for any Flathead-equipped vehicle with a 12-volt electrical system.
- Bracket fits 1946-1953 V-8 engines
- Heavy-duty steel construction w/ chrome plating
- Designed to work with the two narrow-belt drive system typical of late '50-'53 Ford/Mercury passenger cars
- Will not work with single wide belts unless the alternator is modified (see Notes)
Mounting Guide (Link)
- 1946-1953 Flathead Ford V-8 engines with narrow two-belt drive systems
- Can be used with wide single-belt configurations with some modification
- Must use different fan bracket on some 1945-1948 applications
- This bracket assembly is designed to mount the common SI-style GM alternator in a centered location on 1946-1953 Flathead Ford V8s. The brackets are intended to be used with a narrow-belt, two-belt configuration.
- To use this bracket on a single wide belt car or truck you would need to cut approximately 1/2" to 5/8" from the wide boss on the base of the alternator. You would also need to cut a similar amount from the spacer supplied with the bracket. This must be done to get the alternator pulley to line up with the drive belt.
- Bracket usually provides enough clearance for center mounting of an alternator even on Super Dual and Triple style Flathead intakes on late style engine. The alternator mounts in front of the bracket.
More Like This
Plain 1946-1953 Flathead Alternator Bracket
Edelbrock 1146 1949-53 Flathead Offset Generator Bracket
Chrome 1938-1945 Flathead Alternator Bracket
Plain 1938-1945 Flathead Alternator Bracket
Offenhauser 1093 37-48 Flathead Drve Side Head Mount Generator Bracket
Offenhauser 1094 37-48 Flathead Head Mount Generator Bracket-Pass Side
Chrome Universal Alternator Bracket Arm
Billet Alternator Bracket for Big Block Chevy w/Short Water Pump
Mr Gasket 9853 Alternator Spacer, Universal, 4 x 7/16 Inch
Edelbrock 11463 1949-53 Flathead Offset Generator Bracket, Black
Q & A
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!