MSD 84335 Distributor Cap and Rotor Kit
Red, HEI / Male Cap Terminal Style
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
The cap and rotor of any ignition system must be considered maintenance items. Just as you change the oil and filter of your car, you should always replace the cap and rotor as a set. To make things easy, we now offer these Cap and Rotor Replacement Kits.
This MSD Cap (MSD #84335) fits all of the MSD Distributors that use the GM Socket sytle cap (MSD #8437). It will also fit GM Distributors that use a "window" style cap.
Cap MSD# 8433:
- DuPont Rynite material
- Spark plug-style terminals with improved locking connection
- Optional wire retainer with caps to lock the wires in place
- HEI-Type terminals, rather than socket-type
- Can be used in place of the older design
Rotor MSD# 8467:
- Standard on most MSD Pro-Billet Distributors
- Injection molded from Rynite material for incredible strength and high dielectric properties
- Stainless steel/brass rotor trip - screwed in place to handle extreme rpm and high heat conditions
- Deep molded vanes to stir up the air inside the cap to prevent spark ionization
- Screws are set deep in the housing to prevent spark scatter
Cap MSD# 8433:
MSD molds their most popular distributor caps in-house. This cap is injection molded from DuPont Rynite material and features spark plug-style terminals. The terminals offer improved locking connections and the Rynite material is extremely strong with excellent dielectric properties. Plus, most caps have an optional wire retainer that is supplied with these caps to lock the wires in place.
Includes a girdle for retaining the wires to the cap. MSD has used this new design on many distributors built since the summer of 2002. Has HEI-Type terminals, rather than socket-type. Can be used in place of the older design.
Rotor MSD# 8467:
These rotors are designed with high rpm and performance in mind which is why they are standard on most MSD Pro-Billet Distributors. Both rotors are injection molded from Rynite material for incredible strength and high dielectric properties. Plus the stainless steel/brass rotor trip is also screwed in place so it can handle extreme rpm and high heat conditions.
The rotors feature deep molded vanes to stir up the air inside the cap to prevent spark ionization. The rotor screws are set deep in the housing to prevent spark scatter.
More Like This
MSD 8433 Distributor Cap - HEI Type Terminals
MSD 8467 Points Type Racing Rotor
MSD 84333 Distributor Cap - HEI Type Terminals, Black
MSD 84023 HEI Extreme Cap and Rotor Kit, Red
MSD 8423 Rotor for Cap-A-Dapt
MSD 8416 GM HEI Distributor Cap and Rotor
MSD 8410 Replacement HEI Rotor
MSD 84101 Extreme Output Rotor, GM HEI
MSD 8421 GM Rotor Cap Assembly, Chevy V8
MSD 8411 Replacement HEI Distributor Cap
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
Pat talks about our red solid core spark plug wire and rajah ends.
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.