Lokar Trans Mount Emergency Hand Brake Kit, 16 Inch, Chrome
Universal Fit, 16" Arm Length, Steel, Chrome, 19.5" Overall Length, 1" Overall Width
- Ring bolt hole pattern is 3.75" x 2.00"
- E brake handle easily mounts to your Lokar shifter
- Lever's geometric design allows for comfortable leverage operation
- The ratchet cut gear plate and lock are heat treated for strength and safety
- Features a chrome plated steel brake handle and is designed after the automotive industry standards
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
This Lokar Transmission Mount Emergency Hand Brake kit features a chrome plated steel brake handle and is designed after the automotive industry standards. Ratchet cut gear plate and lock are heat treated for strength and safety. Lever's geometric design allows for comfortable leverage operation. E brake handle mounts to your Lokar shifter.
Comes complete with clevis for installation with Lokar Emergency Brake Cables and installation boot/ring.
(1) Lokar EHB-7016 Trans Mount Emergency Hand Brake
(1) Lokar 70-EHBT Trans Mount E-Brake Boot
(1) Lokar EC-80TU Trans Mount Emergency Brake Cables
Lokar 16" Trans Mount Hand Brake
16" Hand brake is suggested to be used with 23" and taller shifters. Use 11" hand brake with 16" and shorter shifters.
Lokar E-Brake Boot w/Ring
Each Lokar transmission mount emergency brake boot kit includes a black naugahyde boot, polished stainless base ring and stainless screws.
The dimensions for this boot ring are 2-1/2" x 6-1/4" outside diameter, and 1-1/2" x 5-1/4" inside diameter.
Lokar Emergency Brake Cables
Transmount E-Brake Cables are designed for use with Transmount Emergency Hand Brakes and includes bracket for mounting cables to hand brake. Kit comes equipped with quality one-piece aluminum adjusters and aluminum ferrule to eliminate fraying of stainless housing. Outer housing is designed with specially extruded liner for extended life of the cable. Stainless steel inner cable resists moisture.
Design allows rear end backing plate fittings to be removed without removing brake cables. Lokar cables also feature adjustable cable lock and clevis. Kit includes two 8 foot black outer housings that “U-Cut-to-Fit”.
*NOTE*: If using these cables with Ford Explorer-style (such as our 910-31938), Wilwood, or late model Corvette rear disc brakes with internal shoe-type emergency brake, you will need our nut kit listed 916-41021 and E-Brake clevis 491-81FC.
Cable fits the following:
- GM drum brakes
- Most GM disc brake calipers w/ E-brake lever built in
- If using these cables with Ford Explorer-style (such as our 910-31938), Wilwood, or late model Corvette rear disc brakes with internal shoe-type emergency brake, you will need our nut kit listed 916-41021 and E-Brake clevis 491-81FC.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
What's In The Kit
Lokar EHB-7016 Trans Mount Emergency Hand Brake, 16 InchPart # 4917016Qty x 1
Lokar 70-EHBT Trans Mount E-Brake Boot w/ Stainless RingPart # 4917003Qty x 1
Lokar EC-80TU Trans Mount Emergency Brake CablesPart # 49180TUQty x 1
Q & A
Learn how to assemble one of our bolt on nine-inch Ford disc brake kits in this step-by-step guide.
Learn how to install the floor plan, brake lines, and motorplate in a 410 sprint car as we launch our 410 Sprint Car Build.
When it comes to a traditional style build on an early hot rod it just has to be rolling on a solid front axle of some sort. In this buyer's guide we take you through I-beam and round tube solid axles, spindle choices, radius rod needs, and more.
Today we take a look at the differences between proportioning valves (both fixed and adjustable models) and the residual pressure valves we offer in this buyer's guide.
Custom rides usually require custom brake and fuel lines. Educate yourself on the tools you will need and the proper steps to a successful line assembly in our buyer's guide.
Follow this guide as Kevin explains how he upgraded the rear bolt-on caliper brackets and rotors on a '54 Chevy Belair.
Follow this guide to learn how the change of bore size on a master cylinder affects a four-wheel disc brake system. View the conversion chart to figure the total bore area for your brake setup.