Icon Chevy 383 Forged Pistons, .163 Dome, 6.0 Rod
383 Chevy Small Block V8, Dome Piston Style, Forged Aluminum Piston Material, .163" Dome Height
- Made from a durable, high ductility 2618 aluminum alloy
- It is heat treated to high strength T-6 specifications for added durability
- Comes fully machined with deep valve pockets
- Features second land accumulator grooves and top land mini groove technology
- Available in three sizes to custom fit your application
Formerly KB Forged Pistons. Starting with 2618 alloy heat treated to high strength T-6 specifications, these give you the best value for your money. Exclusive V-rib adds strength without adding weight but allows maximum cooling.
- High ductility 2618 alloy
- Dual forced pin oiling on most applications
- Lateral gas porting on higher compression ratios
- Fully machined with deep valve pockets
- Second land accumulator grooves
- Top land mini groove technology
- Diamond finished skirts
- Triple wound spiral locks
- Comp Height 5.7" Rod - 1.433
- Comp Height 6.0" Rod - 1.13
- Pin Diameter - 0.9272
For Chevy 383 c.i. (4.000" bore x 3.75" stroke). Will work with Vortec cylinder heads. Use Style C rings (1/16", 1/16", 3/16").
Ring Style Chart (GIF)
Item DetailsC/R 58cc=14.1, 64cc=12.9, 76cc=11.0
Piston/Pin Weight: 573 g
Rod Length: 6"
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Q & A
Learn about the importance of getting the chain tension set correctly, and why it is critical that we get it as near perfect as we can. Walkthrough a basic procedure that effectively and consistently gets the chain tension set properly every time.
Check out this helpful piston ring style chart.
Learn how to identfy motors for your LS Swap. In this guide we cover generation 4 small block engines and some of the cheaper options for more power.
Trying to decide which power plant to use in your latest project? Here's a quick guide of modern V8 engines for hot rodders to consider.
In this Tech Tip, John discusses LT1 rotating assembly options for a customer looking to build a solid autoX, drag, and occasional strip powerplant for his Firebird.
Professional insight on some useful crate engine tools that will improve your engine building experience.
There are a few things to consider before you select a replacement flexplate for your small-block Chevy engine. Speedway has some useful tips to follow that will help speed up the process.