Hyperco 11342 Chevy Composite Leaf Spring, 200 Lb. Rate
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
This Hyperco Composite Leaf Spring is significantly lighter than steel, retain their design arch, and provide more side bite off the corner. The Hyperco CLS is truly a cost effective, high performance alternative to steel. It allows teams running leaf springs to be consistent night after night without having to constantly measure, monitor and change their spring for loss of arch/sagging. The initial cost is a value based on the incredible service life. Leave the steel on the street, hook up with the Hyperco CLS performance advantage.
- On average 70% lighter than steel
- No sagging or chassis inconsistency
- More durable = greater value
- Quicker off the corner compared to steel spring
Item DetailsFront Bolt: 0.562"
Rear Bolt: 0.5"
- U-bolts should never come in contact with the composite portion of the leaf spring. Hyperco recommends a heavy gauge rubber or plastic hose be fitted over the U-bolts to ensure that there is no metal to composite contact.
- U-bolts should be tightened evenly to a torque value of 80 to 100 ft. lbs., or until the center mounting plate yields/deflects. The torque value should be checked on a regular basis to ensure adequate and consistent clamping force.
- The mounting pad must extend a minimum of ¼" past the steel mounting plate.
- Additional protection for the composite leaf can be obtained by wrapping all exposed surfaces with high quality duct tape.
- When installing springs it is important to check the alignment. The inner sleeves must not bind inside the spring bushings on both the front and rear mounting brackets.
More Like This
Hyperco 11340 Chevy Composite Leaf Spring, 175 Lb. Rate
Hyperco 11344 Chevy Composite Leaf Spring, 225 Lb. Rate
Hyperco 10203 Chrysler Composite Leaf Spring, 175 Lb. Rate
Hyperco 10231 Chrysler Composite Leaf Spring, 200 Lb. Rate
Landrum Springs 21-342SPD Camaro/Nova Multi-Leaf Spring, 200 Lb. Rate
Speedway Chrysler Type Multi-Leaf Spring, 200 Lb. Rate
Landrum Spring 20-231SPD Chrysler Type Multi-Leaf Spring, 200 Lb. Rate
Composite Quarter Eliptic Mono Leaf Springs
Landrum 20-244ML Chrysler Mono-Leaf Spring, 35 Lb. Rate, 5 Inch Arch
Landrum 20-242ML Chrysler Mono-Leaf Spring, 55 Lb. Rate, 5 Inch Arch
Q & A
How to remove shock rod end and install bump rubber/bump cup.
Speedway Motors employee Pat O. talks about shock ends.
Speedway Motors and Classic Trucks teamed up to build a 1952 Chevy Truck in celebration of Speedway Motors’ 65th Anniversary. Jason and Tom take a few minutes to talk about the rear suspension the team used on the truck.
How to prepare and properly wash your sprint car as part of an organized, routine weekly maintenance.