Howe Racing 82870 Improved Hydraulic For Stock Clutches
1.379" Inside Diameter, 1.688" Compressed Length, 2.375" Extended Length, 0.69" Travel
- Designed to have 0.69" of travel
- Has a 1.379" throw out bearing inner diameter
- The throw out bearing extended diameter measures 2.375"
- It installs by replacing one bolt from the front of the transmission
- Conical shims are provided to properly fit the bearing to zero clearance
Our original version of this bearing came out in 1996 and was replaced in 2007 with this improved design. These were originally designed for racing classes that require a stock type clutch. Installs by replacing one bolt from the front of the transmission. Conical shims are provided to properly fit the bearing to zero clearance.
- 1.379" throw out bearing inner diameter
- -4 AN to 1/8" NPT male inlet fitting
- 2.375" throw out bearing extended diameter
- Pressure exceeding 1,500 psi. can damage the o-rings
82870 Does not fit T-5 transmission without modification to the bearing retainer (nose cone). Works with all OEM and OEM replacement clutches.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
Chevy Hydraulic Throwout Bearing, GM Release Bearing Stock Clutch
Howe Racing 8286 Hydraulic Racing Throw Out Bearing
Howe Racing 82876 GM T-5 Stock Clutch Hydraulic Throwout Bearing
Ram Clutches 78017L Bearing Only for Ram Hydraulic Throwout
Ram Clutches 78125 Street Stock Hydraulic Throwout Bearing
Ram Clutches 78125HDL HD Hydraulic Bearing, Larger O-Rings
McLeod 16505 GM Transmission Throw Out Bearing, 3 Position Adj.
Tilton 60-6100 Flat Face Hydraulic Release Bearing, Universal
McLeod 16515 Ford Transmission Throw Out Bearing, 3 Position Adj.
Margay 305125 Needle Bearing and Race Assembly
Q & A
Finally, Project Chevelle gets a real hot rod engine under its hood! And what about that flimsy old column shift three-speed? We've got that covered too.
Pat talks about our LS flexplate options.
Tim talks about why using a new pedal assembly may be better for your project than the original pedal assembly.
There are a few things to consider before you select a replacement flexplate for your small-block Chevy engine. Speedway has some useful tips to follow that will help speed up the process.
One of the most challenging things about swapping transmissions can be figuring out the clutch linkage. Speedway can show you how to install the upgraded hydraulic throwout bearing with ease.
We finally get to drive Project Chevelle after the big engine swap, and it's pretty awesome. Rowing through the gears with our new Tremec 5-speed isn't bad either!
Brinn Clutch Rebuild Instructions