Hays 91-1102 Street 450 Clutch Kit, 55-85 GM L6/V6/V8, Diaphragm
26 Spline Count, 1.125" Shaft Diameter, 11" Diameter, Organic Friction Material
Hays Street 450 Clutch Kits are an excellent upgrade from your stock clutch. Our newest 26-spline versions are designed to work in conjunction with a modern 5-speed or 6-speed transmission swap. Engines with mild modifications such as headers, intake manifold, or mild camshaft changes work well with this clutch. These clutch kits are designed to handle stock or mildly modified engines up to 450 horsepower. It is a great clutch where drivability is the most important factor. It features upgraded damper springs which give 30% greater clamping force than a stock clutch allowing you to put more power to the ground and top quality organic composite disc material allows for smooth, no-chatter engagement. Our disc friction material is bonded to a steel backing plate that increases heat dissipation and provides excellent structural strength for higher RPM use. The Street 450 is a great choice for an upgraded stock clutch replacement.
- Includes 26-spline clutch disc for use with most 5-speed and 6-speed conversions
- Great drivability for power levels up to 450 horsepower
- Smooth, chatter-free operation using top quality organic composite friction surface material
- Upgraded damper springs give up to 30% more clamping pressure than stock OE clutch
- Steelback clutch disc features heavy-duty hub spring assembly for increased load capacity
- All Street 450 clutch kits come complete with pressure plate, disc, release bearing, and alignment tool unless otherwise noted
- 26 Spline
- 11" Organic Disc
- Diaphragm Pressure Plate
- 1955-1985 GM L6/V6/V8
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 2 business days for Hays to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
More Like This
Hays 91-1101 Street 450 Clutch Kit, 1955-85 GM L6/V6/V8, Lever
Hays 91-1103 Street 450 Clutch Kit, 1955-85 GM L6/V6/V8, Lever
Hays 92-1103 Street 650 Clutch Kit, 55-85 GM L6/V6/V8, Lever
Hays 92-1102 Street 650 Clutch Kit, 55-85 GM L6/V6/V8, Diaphragm
Hays 91-1100 Street 450 Clutch Kit, 55-85 GM L6/V6/V8, Diaphragm
Hays 83-1103 Conversion Clutch Kit, 55-85 GM L6/V6/V8, Lever
Hays 92-1100 Street 650 Clutch Kit, 55-85 GM L6/V6/V8, Diaphragm
Hays 92-1101 Street 650 Clutch Kit, 55-85 GM L6/V6/V8, Lever
Hays 85-113 Clutch Kit, Street/Strip, Diaphragm, 11 Inch, GM
Hays 85-112 Clutch Kit, 11 Inch Diameter, Chevy/Pontiac/Buick
Q & A
Finally, Project Chevelle gets a real hot rod engine under its hood! And what about that flimsy old column shift three-speed? We've got that covered too.
Pat talks about our LS flexplate options.
Tim talks about why using a new pedal assembly may be better for your project than the original pedal assembly.
Brinn Clutch Rebuild Instructions
Check out a couple of tips on how to install a new clutch.
There are a few things to consider before you select a replacement flexplate for your small-block Chevy engine. Speedway has some useful tips to follow that will help speed up the process.
One of the most challenging things about swapping transmissions can be figuring out the clutch linkage. Speedway can show you how to install the upgraded hydraulic throwout bearing with ease.