FAST 7501700 1959-74 XRi Ford V8 Points Ignition Conversion Kit
Ford FE V8, Ford Small Block V8, Ford Big Block V8, Ford MEL V8
Here’s the easiest points conversion kit on the market. Simply remove the old points and condenser, install the XR-i on the supplied adapter plate, and run a couple of wires. Everything fits under the OEM distributor cap so you retain a restoration-perfect “factory look.”
- Never replace points again
- Fits 1959-1974 Ford V8
- Easy two wire hookup
- Improved starting and mileage
- Built-in 4000-8000 RPM adjustable rev limiter
- Picks up timing from distributor cam lobe
- Fully sealed
- Operating Voltage: 6-18 Volts, reverse polarity protection, negative ground
- Current Draw: 3 amps max @ 5,500 RPM
- RPM Operating Range: 8,000 RPM
- RPM Limiter Range: 4,000 to 8,000 RPM
- Primary Voltage Output: 400 volts (inductive discharge)
- Primary Energy utput: 45 millijoules w/ PS20 coil and 1.65L ballast resistor
- Peak Spark Gap Current: 50 milliamps w/ PS20 Coil and 1.65L ballast resistor
- Spark Duration: 2100 microseconds @ 2,000 RPM
WarrantiesCrane Cams Warranty
More Like This
FAST 7501705 1959-74 Ford V8 XRI Points Ignition Conversion Kit
PerTronix 1281 Ignitor Points Eliminator Kit, 1957-74 Ford V8
Mallory 61002M E,Spark Conversion Kit
ACCEL 2020 Points Eliminator Kit, Ford Motorcraft Points Distributors
PerTronix 91281 Ignitor II Adaptive Dwell Control, Ford 8 Cylinder
PerTronix 71281D Ignitor III Solid-State Ignition System, 8 Cylinder
PerTronix 1261 Ignitor Points Eliminator Kit, 1949-74 Ford 6 Cylinder
PerTronix 1284 Ford Ignitor, Dual Point, 8 Cylinder
PerTronix 91261 Ignitor II Adaptive Dwell Control, Ford 6 Cylinder
PerTronix 1282 Ignitor Points Eliminator Kit, 1954-56 Ford V8
Q & A
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
One of the most important parts of your racing operation is the engine. This article gives a detailed overview on how to maintain your engine to get the most out of it for as long as possible. Also learn some tips to prolong the life of your engine.
Speedway Motors has some great tips on how to get the best performance out of your ignition system. Let's take a look at the the GM HEI style distributor, possibly one of the most affordable performance distributors today.
Speedway Tech Zach discusses the Pertronix Ignitor III conversion in his '55 Chevy.