FAST 303560 Ignition Crank Trigger, SBF 6-9/16 In Balancer
Ford Small Block V8
Engineers at FAST turned to the OEMs to see what they trust in the way of rpm-measuring crank triggers for their 400 and 500 horsepower daily drivers. Until now, flying magnetic trigger wheels with bulky inductive pickups have been used with the risk of broken magnets or losing magnets at high engine rpm. Now FAST has a better answer. A magnet-free device, this new piece from FAST includes a wheel constructed from ASTM A36 grade steel that is so strong that it only needs to be .375" thick and is virtually indestructible. With the wheel being this thin, it not only weighs less but requires less space than competitors aluminum versions. And the FAST inductive sensor is also much smaller than others on the market and is hermetically sealed with the connector molded into the body.
The key to the crank triggers dependability and accuracy lies in the trigger wheel design. Rather than having added magnets, the wheel has tabs on the outer rim. These tabs are measured by the inductive sensor as the wheel revolves, which then provides data to the fuel injection and ignition systems for accurate rpm measurement. And because the tabs are a part of the single wheel unit, there is no possibility of loss or fragmentation as with the magnetic style trigger wheels. This sensor is used by OEMs both on and inside the engine and provides long-lasting, accurate timing. Installation is straight forward, and everything required is included. For those already using the FAST XFI system, its a plug and play unit. In addition, its compatible with many other EFI systems on the market.
- Fits Small Block Ford applications w/ 6-9/16" balancer
- Includes all required mounting hardware; plug & play w/ most aftermarket EFI systems
- Ultra durable CNC-machined aluminum bracket w/ clearly labeled precision timing marks
- Small OEM quality inductive sensor provides unrivaled accuracy while saving space
- Magnet-free, ultra-thin .375" thick steel wheel
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 3 business days for FAST Fuel Air Spark Technology to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Q & A
Pat talks about our red solid core spark plug wire and rajah ends.
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
There is a lot to consider when choosing the proper spark plug for your engine's intended application and power level. Let us take some of the guesswork out with our spark plug buyer's guide.
Jeff demonstrates how to install the front runner drive system by Vintage Air in his 1967 Chevelle project car all while maintaining a simple, factory fresh look.
Need a battery box housing unit? Follow this step by step guide on how to modify a retro cooler to house a battery box. See how to secure the battery box to a car floor.
Learn about the wiring of GM HEI Ignition Distributors with our diagrams and guide. Ensure you are getting the best performance out of your ignition system.
Check out our one wire alternator conversion guide. We cover GM 1 wire alternator wiring as well as Ford and Chevy. Learn about pulley ratio and charging too!