Edelbrock 60819 348/409 Chevy Aluminum Cylinder Head
348 Chevy W-Series V8, 409 Chevy W-Series V8, Assembled Cylinder Head Style, Aluminum, Natural
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
These heads are for your 61-65 348-409 W-Series Chevy engine. They weigh about half what a cast iron head does and are bolt-on. The 220cc intake and 90cc exhaust runners with 2.19" intake and 1.72" exhaust valves will give you a big increase in performance. They are a great match for the large port intakes and are shipped assembled.
They can be used on 348 engines if limited to a .550" lift.
325-60819 Instructions (PDF)
Item DetailsSold Each, (2) Needed
Complete Head, Bolt-On & Go
- Can be used on 348 engines if limited to a .550" lift.
- Recommended spark plugs 14mm x 3/4" reach with flat gasket seat (Champion RC12YC).
- Heads will only fit 1958-65 348 cid “W” engines if an Edelbrock #5409 (Speedway 325-5409) or stock large port 409 cid manifold is used.
- Proper cylinder wall notching must be checked to ensure exhaust valve to cylinder clearance.
- Designed for 1961-1965 Chevrolet "W" series 348/409 big-block engines
- Original port locations and valve angles for bolt-on convenience
- CNC port matched 220cc intake and 115cc exhaust ports for optimum flow and power
- Improved port design for more performance
- Hardened spring cups, screw-in rocker studs and hardened guideplates
- Valve Lift .100" .200" .300" .400" .500" .600"
- Intake 65 130 192 235 258 260
- Exhaust 52 96 127 163 182 190
- Intake runner volume: 215cc
- Exhaust runner volume: 115cc
- Intake valve diameter: 2.19"
- Exhaust valve diameter: 1.72"
- Valve stem diameter: 11/32"
- Valve guides: Manganese bronze
- Deck thickness: 9/16"
- Valve spring diameter: 1.55"
- Valve spring maximum lift: .600"
- Rocker stud: 7/16"
- Guideplate: Hardened steel
- Pushrod diameter: 3/8"
- Exhaust port location: Stock
- Spark plug fitment: 14mm x 3/4 reach, gasket seat
More Like This
Edelbrock 608119 Performer RPM Cylinder Head, Chevy 348/409
Edelbrock 5085 E-210 Cylinder Head, Aluminum, Small Block Chevy
Edelbrock 60815 Performer RPM Cylinder Head, 220 cc, Chevy 348,409
Edelbrock 608979 RPM SCCA Cylinder Head Small Block Chevy
Edelbrock 5073 E-Street Cylinder Head, Aluminum, Small Block Chevy
Edelbrock 5087 E-210 Cylinder Head, Aluminum, Small Block Chevy
Edelbrock 5089 E-Street Cylinder Head, Small Block Chevy
Edelbrock 60809 Performer RPM Cylinder Head, 220 cc, Chevy 348,409
Flo-Tek 101505 Assembled S/B Chevy Aluminum Head, Angle Plug
Flo-Tek 102500 Bare S/B Chevy Aluminum Head, Straight Plug
Q & A
Tim shows off our aluminum cylinder heads for 348-409 Chevys.
Tim talks about the new Edelbrock powder coated cylinder heads and provides a little history on Federal Mogul heads.
Speedway Motors employee Pat joins us once again. This time Pat is talking to the Model A and Model T owners, specifically in regards to Moto-Meters and accessories.