Edelbrock 60819 348/409 Chevy Aluminum Cylinder Head
348 Chevy W-Series V8, 409 Chevy W-Series V8, Assembled Cylinder Head Style, Aluminum, Natural
These heads are for your 61-65 348-409 W-Series Chevy engine. They weigh about half what a cast iron head does and are bolt-on. The 220cc intake and 90cc exhaust runners with 2.19" intake and 1.72" exhaust valves will give you a big increase in performance. They are a great match for the large port intakes and are shipped assembled.
They can be used on 348 engines if limited to a .550" lift.
Item DetailsSold Each, (2) Needed
Complete Head, Bolt-On & Go
- Can be used on 348 engines if limited to a .550" lift.
- Recommended spark plugs 14mm x 3/4" reach with flat gasket seat (Champion RC12YC).
- Heads will only fit 1958-65 348 cid “W” engines if an Edelbrock #5409 (Speedway 325-5409) or stock large port 409 cid manifold is used.
- Proper cylinder wall notching must be checked to ensure exhaust valve to cylinder clearance.
- Designed for 1961-1965 Chevrolet "W" series 348/409 big-block engines
- Original port locations and valve angles for bolt-on convenience
- CNC port matched 220cc intake and 115cc exhaust ports for optimum flow and power
- Improved port design for more performance
- Hardened spring cups, screw-in rocker studs and hardened guideplates
- Valve Lift .100" .200" .300" .400" .500" .600"
- Intake 65 130 192 235 258 260
- Exhaust 52 96 127 163 182 190
- Intake runner volume: 215cc
- Exhaust runner volume: 115cc
- Intake valve diameter: 2.19"
- Exhaust valve diameter: 1.72"
- Valve stem diameter: 11/32"
- Valve guides: Manganese bronze
- Deck thickness: 9/16"
- Valve spring diameter: 1.55"
- Valve spring maximum lift: .600"
- Rocker stud: 7/16"
- Guideplate: Hardened steel
- Pushrod diameter: 3/8"
- Exhaust port location: Stock
- Spark plug fitment: 14mm x 3/4 reach, gasket seat
325-60819 Instructions (PDF)
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
Edelbrock 60815 Performer RPM Cylinder Head, 220 cc, Chevy 348,409
Edelbrock 608119 Performer RPM Cylinder Head, Chevy 348/409
Edelbrock 5073 E-Street Cylinder Head, Aluminum, Small Block Chevy
Edelbrock 5087 E-210 Cylinder Head, Aluminum, Small Block Chevy
Edelbrock 5089 E-Street Cylinder Head, Small Block Chevy
Chevy SBC V8 Bare Aluminum Camel Double Hump 461 Cylinder Head
Chevy SBC Assembled Aluminum Camel Double Hump 461 Cylinder Head
Flo-Tek 101505 Assembled S/B Chevy Aluminum Head, Angle Plug
Flo-Tek 102500 Bare S/B Chevy Aluminum Head, Straight Plug
Dart 127111 SHP 180CC Bare Engine Cylinder Head, Straight, S/B Chevy
Q & A
Tim shows off our aluminum cylinder heads for 348-409 Chevys.
Step back in time with our modern reproduction of the iconic Chevy 461 double hump cylinder heads, now cast in lightweight aluminum! In this video, Joe and Wyatt discuss the features that bring the vaunted camel hump heads into the 21st Century.
Tim talks about the new Edelbrock powder coated cylinder heads and provides a little history on Federal Mogul heads.
Learn about the importance of getting the chain tension set correctly, and why it is critical that we get it as near perfect as we can. Walkthrough a basic procedure that effectively and consistently gets the chain tension set properly every time.
Trying to decide which power plant to use in your latest project? Here's a quick guide of modern V8 engines for hot rodders to consider.