Custom Bolt-On Remote Mount Car Battery Relocation Box/Steel Tray
Universal Fit, 14.375" Overall Length, 7.250" Overall Width, 6.500" Overall Height, Steel
- Relocate the battery from tight locations to where you have more room, or to improve weight distribution with a secure and economical bolt-in solution
- Will hold a battery up to 10-5/8" x 7-1/16" up to 7-1/2" high
- Mounting holes are 12-5/8" center to center, side to side, top to bottom hole is 5" on center with 1" optional mounting holes in between 1" on center
- 12 gauge frame and 14 gauge base plate for strength
- Zinc-plated for rust and corrosion prevention
As featured on Classic Truck’s Week to Wicked. Watch the transformation here!
Your battery is one of the heaviest components in your vehicle. On top of that, battery placement in your hot rod or race car can be a tricky task with stock mounts or traditional mounting locations. Make battery relocation easy and economical with our Remote Mount Bolt-In Battery Box Tray. This universal battery box allows you to place the battery where you need it and can be used in almost any street or race application where the box can be easily bolted to a frame, firewall, sub-assembly, etc., and has sufficient clearance to fit. No welding required!
The main end frame and bolt brackets are built from rigid, 12-gauge steel. A 14-gauge base plate holds the weight of the battery and is drilled to reduce weight without compromising strength. For street rods, this battery box makes it easy to relocate your battery when you have limited space under the hood or in the trunk. For racing applications, optimize your weight distribution by mounting the battery where you see fit.
Six pre-cut holes on each side are 0.49” ID and 1” center-to-center, allowing your box to be mounted at just the right height. A zinc-plated finish prevents corrosion and allows you to install our battery box immediately without having to paint or powder coat first.
The battery tray is 14.38” long x 7.25” wide x 6.5” tall overall and fits 5 different battery group sizes. This box will fit up to a 10.63” long x 7.06” wide battery, up to 7.5” tall (see notes section for full set of battery groups). A hold-down angle bar is included with coarse-thread, zinc plated J-bolts, washers and nylock nuts to keep your battery held down tight.
Make mounting the battery simple and economical with our Remote Mount Bolt-In Battery Box Tray.
- Relocate the battery from tight locations to where you have more room with a secure and economical weld-in solution
- Simple bolt-in design requires no welding
- Perfect for street applications where under-the-hood or trunk locations may have limited space
- Race applications allow relocating the battery for ideal weight distribution
- 12-gauge steel brackets and 14-gauge steel baseplate holds the weight of your battery
- Six pre-cut holes in each bracket allow battery to be mounted at the right height
- Baseplate is drilled to reduce weight while maintaining strength
- Zinc-plated finish resists corrosion and is ready to mount without having to paint or powder coat first
- Battery box will fit up to a 10.63” long x 7.06” wide battery, up to 7.5” tall
- Includes hold-down angle bar, zinc-plated J-bolts, washers and nylock nuts to keep battery held down tight
- Overall dimensions: 14.38”L x 7.25”W x 6.5”H
- Fits batteries measuring 10.63” long x 7.06” wide, with a height up to 7.5”
- Works with most batteries in the following groups: 42, 47, 90, 96R, and 97R
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
AFCO Bolt In Battery Box
Custom Weld-On Remote Mount Car Battery Relocation Box/Steel Tray
Plastic Battery Hold Down Tray, 11-1/4 x 7-1/4 Inch
Speedway Drop-Out Remote Frame Mount Battery Boxes
Battery Cable & Battery Mounting Kit
Speedway Polished Cast Aluminum Battery Box Mount Kit
Speedway Plain Cast Aluminum Battery Box Mount Kit
Holding Tray for Cleco Pliers, Fasteners, and Clamps
Deluxe Billet Battery Mount 3-Bolt
Aluminum Battery Box
Q & A
There are 3 basic automotive battery designs in use today. Here is some information about each.
Pat talks about our red solid core spark plug wire and rajah ends.
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.