Currie CE-GMF6769MX 1967-69 GM F-Body 9 Inch Ford Rearend, Multi-Leaf
Rear Position, Semi-Floating Axle Type, Not Differential Included, 9 Inch Ring Gear Size
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
Now you can have the strength and serviceability that Ford drivers have enjoyed for years underneath your GM vehicle. Currie Crate Rearends are built using the stock overall width, pinion offest, and mounting points of your original rear axle housing, making it a 100% bolt-in upgrade.
- All new 9-Plus heavy duty housing
- Replacement fit for 1967-69 Camaro/Firebird chassis
- Heavy duty reproductions of the GM multi leaf spring pads installed
- 31 spline performance axle shafts
- Torino-style late model large bearing housing ends
- Third member studs installed
- Axles drilled for stock 5 on 4-3/4" wheel bolt pattern
- 7/16"-20 wheel studs pressed into axles
- 1/4” thick heavy duty bearing retainer plates
- Tapered Timken style wheel bearings pressed onto axle
Note: Works with Speedway rear disc brake kits, 11" Ford Explorer disc brakes, and Wilwood disc brakes. Third member sold separately.
To learn more about Currie's 9+ rearends, check out these Frequently Asked Questions on 9-Plus Housing (Link)
When installing new axles in rearends with posi traction differentials, be sure to install the driver's side axle first to keep the splines properly aligned. Failure to do so may move the two splined gears out of alignment, and it may be difficult to install the driver's side axle properly if the passenger side axle is already installed.
If installation of passenger side axle is done first it may require two people when installing the driver's side axle, with both parties rotating reach axle until splines are in line and the driver's side axle fully sides into the housing.
To ensure you get the most out of your new 9 Inch components, Currie recommends that you perform a proper break-in process:
- Use a name brand mineral-based gear oil, preferably 85w140 (Extremely high quality synthetic oils may be used once break-in process has been successfully performed)
- Place vehicle on jack stands and let the rearend spin while the vehicle idles - run transmission in both forward and reverse periodically throughout the process
- Continue to run the rearend until the pinion gets hot (place hand on bottom of the differential housing to verify this)
- Proper break-in allows:
- The ability to install new axles and hit the track the same day without worry
- Extended life for rearend components
- Keeps the quality and life of your gear oil
Note: If you find that your rearend is running somewhat "tight" be sure to add Currie's 9+ Friction Modifier to "loosen up". If a more aggressive performance is desired, Friction Modifier is not needed.
What's In The Kit
FORD 9"HOUSING 67/69 CAMAROPart # 91067691.1Qty x 1
LONG AND SHORT AXLE KITPart # 91067691.2Qty x 1
More Like This
Speedway Ford 9 Inch Bolt-In Rear End Axle, 67-69 GM F-Body Multileaf
Currie CE-GMF6769SX 1967-69 GM F-Body 9 Inch Ford Rearend, Mono-Leaf
Speedway Ford 9 Inch Bolt-In Rear End Axle, 67-69 GM F-Body Monoleaf
Speedway Fabricated Ford 9 Inch Rearend Axle Housing Kit, 54 In. Width
Speedway Fabricated Ford 9 Inch Rearend Axle Housing Kit, 56 In. Width
Speedway Fabricated Ford 9 Inch Rearend Axle Housing Kit, 58 In. Width
Speedway Fabricated Ford 9 Inch Rearend Axle Housing Kit, 60 In. Width
Winters Performance SR2550STB SR2980 Nostalgia V8 Quickchange, Plain
Winters Performance Nostalgia V-8 Quickchange, Polished Housing
Q & A
Pat talks about our 67-72 pickup rear end housing and some of the options we have for it.
Finally, Project Chevelle gets a real hot rod engine under its hood! And what about that flimsy old column shift three-speed? We've got that covered too.
Eagle Motorsports shows off their premier 3-spoke Micro Hubs.