BluePrint Engines BP38313CTC1D Dressed Crate Engine, Chevy 383
350 Chevy Small Block V8, 383 Chevy Small Block V8, 383 cu. in. Engine Displacement
True Blue Power! BluePrints pro engine builders are enthusiasts just like you and it shows in the quality and performance of every engine they build. Each BluePrint crate engine is carefully dyno tested and ships with printed, proven results. If you’re looking serious horsepower at an affordable price, BluePrint Engines is the choice for you!
BluePrint Engines - Crate Engines - Chevy 383
- 4-Bolt Main
- 1-Piece Rear Main Seal
- Passenger Side Dipstick
- Align Honed Main Bearing Bore
- Cylinders Honed on Computer Controlled Machine to Within .0002" Straightness and Roundness
- Cylinders are Sonic Tested for Thickness
- New 3.75'' Stroke Cast Steel Crankshaft
- 5.70'' Heavy Beam Connecting Rods with 150,000 psi Bolts
- 10.0:1 Compression Ratio
- Hypereutectic Pistons
- Hastings Moly Piston Rings
- Melling High Volume Oil Pump
- Hydraulic Roller Camshaft
- Heavy Duty Timing Set
- Blueprint Aluminum Cylinder Heads (p/n 138-H8002K)
- 195cc Intake Runner Volume
- 75cc Exhaust Runner Volume
- 2.02" Swirl Polished Intake Valves
- 1.60" Swirl Polished Exhaust Valves
- Hardened Retainers and 1.437" Diameter Dual Valve Springs
- Straight Spark Plug Configuration
- Hydraulic Roller
- Lift: .528'' Intake / .536'' Exhaust
- Duration @ .050'' Lift: 221° Intake / 226° Exhaust
- Lobe Separation: 110°
- 14" Diameter Chrome Air Cleaner
- Spark Plug Wires & Plugs
- Standard Rotation Water Pump, Long style
- Mechanical Fuel Pump & Stainless Steel Fuel Pump to Carb Supply Line
- 8.0" Diameter Harmonic Balancer
- Water Neck
30 month / 50,000 mile
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 2 business days for BluePrint Engines to ship this item.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
More Like This
BluePrint 383 Small Block Chevy Roller Crate Engine
BluePrint BP3830CTC1S GM 383 Dressed Engine, Vortec Heads, Flat Tappet Cam
BluePrint BP3834CT1 GM 383 Base Engine, Alum Heads, Flat Tappet Cam
BluePrint BP3834CTC1 GM 383 Dressed Engine, Alum Heads, Flat Tappet Cam
BluePrint BP35513CTC1 GM 355 Dressed Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
BluePrint BP35513CTF1 GM 355 Base Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
BluePrint BP38313CT1 GM 383 Base Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
BluePrint BP38313CTC1 GM 383 Dressed Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
BluePrint BP38318SP GM 383 Short Block Plus Crate Engine, Cast Steel Crank
BluePrint BP38321SP GM 383 Short Block Plus Crate Engine, Forged Crank
Q & A
Check out our installation video of an LS3 Crate Engine into our classic 1952 Chevy Truck. This engine swap was the perfect fit for our week to wicked project.
There are a lot of options out there when you're ready for a replacement performance crate engine. But if you compare the competition to BluePrint Engines, you'll find the value is hard to beat.
Learn how to identfy motors for your LS Swap. In this guide we cover generation 4 small block engines and some of the cheaper options for more power.
In this Tech Tip, a customer asked for some recommendations on water pumps for his 1934 Chevy Coupe build.
Tips and tricks to pull the most from your GM 602/604 platform.
Trying to decide which power plant to use in your latest project? Here's a quick guide of modern V8 engines for hot rodders to consider.
In this project, you will see how Jeff repaints a garage sale 496 BluePrint crate engine and learn the importance of preparing the engine for a successful restoration.