BluePrint BPF4084CT Ford 408 Stroker, Base Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
396 Ford Small Block V8, 408 cu. in. Engine Displacement, Long Block Crate Engine Type
True Blue Power! BluePrints pro engine builders are enthusiasts just like you and it shows in the quality and performance of every engine they build. Each BluePrint crate engine is carefully dyno tested and ships with printed, proven results. If you’re looking serious horsepower at an affordable price, BluePrint Engines is the choice for you!
Ford 408 Stroker - Base Engine - Aluminum Heads - Roller Cam
- HP & Torque: 425 HP / 455 FT LBS
- Compression Ratio: 9.8:1
- Aluminum Heads
- Hypereutectic Pistons
- Roller Cam
- Cast Steel Crank
- Part #: BPF4084CT
- Hand picked 2 bolt main seasoned 351 Windsor blocks bored .040 over
- Square and parallel decked
- Align honed main bearing bore
- Cylinders honed on computer controlled machine to within .0002 straightness and roundness
- New cast steel crankshaft
- New I-beam rods
- Hypereutectic pistons
- Hastings Moly rings
- Rotating assembly balanced to within 2 grams
- Melling high volume oil pump
- Hydraulic roller camshaft
- Cloyes double roller timing chain
- Camshaft degreed for maximum horsepower
- BluePrint Performance Aluminum
- Hardened retainers and springs
- 2.02 swirl polished intake valves
- 1.60 swirl polished exhaust valves
- BP Aluminum Head Part# HP9008
- .543 Intake / .554 Exhaust
- 218 Intake / 226 Exhaust duration
- @ .050 - 112 degree lobe separation
- 34 degress at 3500 RPM
- Oil pan, timing cover and valve covers
- Dyno tested “ and shipped with results
- 30 month / 50,000 mile
Not for use in pollution controlled vehicles. *A bronze distributor gear is NOT recommended on this engine
Warranty Information (PDF)
More Like This
BluePrint BPF4088CT Ford 408 Stroker, Base Engine, Alum Heads
BluePrint BP3060CT Ford 306, Base Crate Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
BluePrint BP3315CT Ford 331 Stroker, Base Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
BluePrint BP3474CT Ford 347 Stroker, Base Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
BluePrint BP3472 Ford 347 Shortblock Crate Engine, Cast Crank
BluePrint BP3023CTC Dressed Crate Engine, Ford 302, 235 HP
BluePrint BP3474CTF Ford 347 Stroker,Fuel Injected, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
BluePrint Engines BP3060CTCD Dressed Crate Engine, Ford 306
BluePrint BP3313CTF Ford 331 Stroker, Dressed Engine, Alum Heads
BluePrint BP3472CTCS Ford 347 Stroker, Dressed Crate Engine, Cast Iron Heads
Q & A
Speedway Motors and Classic Trucks called on GM Performance to power their ground up rebuild of a 1952 Chevy truck that was built in celebration of Speedway Motors’ 65th anniversary.
There are a lot of options out there when you're ready for a replacement performance crate engine. But if you compare the competition to BluePrint Engines, you'll find the value is hard to beat.
In part 2, you will read about the Generation 4 small block series of V8s that share the same platform as the Generation 3 discussed in part 1.
In this Tech Tip, a customer asked for some recommendations on water pumps for his 1934 Chevy Coupe build.
Tips and tricks to pull the most from your GM 602/604 platform.
Trying to decide which power plant to use in your latest project? Here's a quick guide of modern V8 engines for hot rodders to consider.
All you need to know about racing a 602 GM crate engine and the necessary parts to make a race ready engine.