BluePrint 383 Small Block Chevy Roller Crate Engine
383 Chevy Small Block V8, 383 cu. in. Engine Displacement, 10.0:1 Compression Ratio
This 383 Chevy "Stroker" motor is a Speedway Exclusive! Machined and assembled at BluePrint Engines, each engine is dyno tested (includes individual dyno sheet) and comes with a 30 month/50,000 mile warranty. Each crate engine is built to crank out 430 hp @ 5200 rpm and 450 ft.-lbs. @ 4300 rpm.
- 430 hp @ 5200 rpm
- 450 ft.-lbs. @ 4300 rpm
- Bore x Stroke: 4.040" x 3.75"
- 4-bolt main, 1-piece rear main seal seasoned block
- Passenger side dipstick
- Brass freeze plugs
- Chrome valve covers and timing cover
- New plain steel oil pan
- New cast steel crankshaft
- Rotating assembly balanced to within 2 grams
- Heavy beam connecting rods with 150,000 psi bolts
- Harmonic balancer
- 153 tooth flexplate w/ single 3-bolt converter pattern 10-3/4" bolt circle
- Hypereutectic pistons
- 10:1 compression
- Hydraulic roller camshaft
- Heavy duty double roller timing set
- Aluminum 1.5:1 ratio roller rocker arms
- Performance aluminum cylinder heads
- Hardened retainers and performance valve springs
- Aluminum dual plane intake
- New HEI distributor
- 91 Octane recommended fuel
- 2500 stall converter recommended
Truck Freight Shipping Charges Apply - click here for details.
- Hydraulic roller camshaft
- .528" Intake lift
- .536" Exhaust lift
- 230° Intake duration @ .050"
- 240° Exhaust duration @ .050"
- 112° lobe separation
- Intake Valves- 2.02"
- Exhaust Valves- 1.60"
- Runners- 1.95"
- Heads are a straight plug configuration
More Like This
BluePrint 383 Small Block Chevy Crate Engine
BluePrint MBP3830CTC GM 383 Base Marine Engine, Cast Iron Vortec Heads
BluePrint MBP3830CT GM 383 Base Marine Engine, Cast Iron Vortec Heads
BluePrint BP3830CTC1S GM 383 Dressed Engine, Vortec Heads, Flat Tappet Cam
BluePrint BP3834CT1 GM 383 Base Engine, Alum Heads, Flat Tappet Cam
BluePrint BP3834CTC1 GM 383 Dressed Engine, Alum Heads, Flat Tappet Cam
BluePrint BP3837 GM 383 Stroker Shortblock Crate Engine, Forged Crank
BluePrint BP38313CT1 GM 383 Base Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
BluePrint BP38313CTC1 GM 383 Dressed Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
BluePrint BP38316CT1 GM 383 Base Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
Q & A
Speedway Motors and Classic Trucks called on GM Performance to power their ground up rebuild of a 1952 Chevy truck that was built in celebration of Speedway Motors’ 65th anniversary.
There are a lot of options out there when you're ready for a replacement performance crate engine. But if you compare the competition to BluePrint Engines, you'll find the value is hard to beat.
In this Tech Tip, a customer asked for some recommendations on water pumps for his 1934 Chevy Coupe build.
Tips and tricks to pull the most from your GM 602/604 platform.
The steps of a repaint/restoration project on a 496 Blueprint crate engine. Jeff K. talks about how he went from a Chevelle 283 to a garage sale 496 Blueprint.
In this Tech Tip, John gets to answer a favorite question of ours, what engine should I get?
Questions about what you will need for your fuel sytstem? Click here!