BluePrint 383 Small Block Chevy Crate Engine
350 Chevy Small Block V8, 383 Chevy Small Block V8, 383 cu. in. Engine Displacement
This 383 Chevy "Stroker" motor is a Speedway Exclusive! Machined and assembled at BluePrint Engines, each Small Block Chevy engine is dyno tested (includes individual dyno sheet) and comes with a 30 month/50,000 mile warranty. Each crate engine is built to crank out 420 hp @ 5200 rpm and 450 ft.-lbs. @ 4300 rpm.
Dyno Sheet (PDF) (Note: This sheet represents one example engine. Your individual engine may differ slightly.)
- 420 hp @ 5200 rpm
- 450 ft.-lbs. @ 4300 rpm
- 4-bolt main, 1-piece rear main seal seasoned block
- Passenger side dipstick
- Chrome valve covers and timing cover
- New plain steel oil pan
- New cast steel crankshaft
- Rotating assembly balanced to within 2 grams
- Harmonic balancer
- 153 tooth flexplate w/ single 3-bolt converter pattern 10-3/4" bolt circle
- Hypereutectic pistons
- 10:1 compression
- Hydraulic flat tappet cam
- Heavy duty double roller timing set
- Performance aluminum cylinder heads
- Hardened retainers and performance valve springs
- Aluminum dual plane intake
- New HEI distributor
- 2500 stall converter recommended
Truck Freight Shipping Charges Apply - click here for details.
- Hydraulic flat tappet
- .488" Intake lift
- .486" Exhaust lift
- 229° Intake duration @ .050"
- 230° Exhaust duration @ .050"
- 110° lobe seperation
- Intake Valves- 2.02"
- Exhaust Valves- 1.60"
- Runners- 1.95"
- Heads are a straight plug configuration
More Like This
BluePrint 383 Small Block Chevy Roller Crate Engine
BluePrint BP3961CT GM 396 SBC Base Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
BluePrint Engines BP38313CTC1D Dressed Crate Engine, Chevy 383
BluePrint BP38318SP GM 383 Short Block Plus Crate Engine, Cast Steel Crank
BluePrint BP38321SP GM 383 Short Block Plus Crate Engine, Forged Crank
BluePrint BP38322SP GM 383 Short Block Plus Crate Engine, Forged Crank
BluePrint BP3961CTC GM 396 SBC Dressed Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
BluePrint BP3961CTF GM 396 SBC Dressed Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
BluePrint BP35513CT1 GM 355 Base Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
BluePrint BP35511 GM 355 Shortblock Crate Engine, Cast Crank
Q & A
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!
Finally, Project Chevelle gets a real hot rod engine under its hood! And what about that flimsy old column shift three-speed? We've got that covered too.