BluePrint 302 Ford Hot Rod Crate Engine w/ Rear Sump Pan
302 Ford Small Block V8, 302 cu. in. Engine Displacement, Deluxe Crate Engine Crate Engine Type
Need a new rear sump oil pan style engine for your Blue Oval ride? This Speedway exclusive crate motor will work great in your street rod or classic pickup truck. Machined and assembled at BluePrint Engines, each engine is dyno tested and includes the dyno sheet. Has a 30 month/50,000 mile manufacturer's warranty.
Dyno Sheet (PDF) (Note: This sheet represents one example engine. Your individual engine may differ slightly.)
- 300+ Horsepower @ 5300
- 320+ ft lbs @ 3800
- Hand picked .040" over seasoned block
- Squared and parallel decked
- Align honed main bearing bore
- Cylinders computer honed to within .0002"
- Cylinders sonic tested
- Brass freeze plugs
- 9.6-1 compression ratio
- Premium cast 2MAE crankshaft - ground 10/10
- Balanced rotating assembly
- Harmonic balancer
- Melling hi-volume oil pump
- Steel rear sump oil pan
- Hyd. Roller camshaft .543 int./.554 exh. lift, 218 int./226 exh. duration @ .050, 112° lobe separation
- H.D. double roller timing chain
- Timing cover w/ dipstick hole
- Modified Ford E7TE cast iron heads
- 1.94" swirl polished intake valves
- 1.60" swirl polished exhaust valves
- Hardened retainers and springs
- Hardened pushrods
- Stock style stamped steel valve covers
- Polished aluminum dual plane 4bbl intake manifold
- Distributor installed and timing set
- Automatic transmission 157 tooth flexplate included (not installed)
Learn more about these crate engines by reading our article, "Building a Better SBF" as featured in Custom Classic Trucks Magazine.
More Like This
BluePrint 302 Ford Hot Rod Crate Engine w/ Front Sump Pan
BluePrint Roller 347 Ford Engine
BluePrint BP3060CT Ford 306, Base Crate Engine, Alum Heads, Roller Cam
BluePrint Engines BP3024CTC Dressed Crate Engine, Ford 302
BluePrint PSF4271CTC Ford 427 Pro Series, Dressed Engine, Alum Heads
BluePrint PSF4271CT Ford 427 Pro Series, Base Engine, Alum Heads
BluePrint BP3023CTC Dressed Crate Engine, Ford 302, 235 HP
BluePrint Engines BP3060CTCD Dressed Crate Engine, Ford 306
BluePrint BP3024CT Base Crate Engine, Ford 302, 300 HP
Edelbrock 468700 Supercharged 5.0L Coyote Crate Engine
Q & A
Speedway Motors and Classic Trucks called on GM Performance to power their ground up rebuild of a 1952 Chevy truck that was built in celebration of Speedway Motors’ 65th anniversary.
We all want the most bang for our buck. Here are some upgrade options to help you safely pull the most power out of your new crate motor.
A quick rundown on how to set initial timing on the Small Block Chevy 350 and the Ford 302.
There are a lot of options out there when you're ready for a replacement performance crate engine. But if you compare the competition to BluePrint Engines, you'll find the value is hard to beat.
In part 2, you will read about the Generation 4 small block series of V8s that share the same platform as the Generation 3 discussed in part 1.
In this Tech Tip, a customer asked for some recommendations on water pumps for his 1934 Chevy Coupe build.
Tips and tricks to pull the most from your GM 602/604 platform.