Big Block Chevy Balancing Plate
454 Chevy Big Block V8, 496 Chevy Big Block V8
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Lets you balance your Big Block Chevy 454 engine with a 350 flywheel (manual transmission flywheel or automatic transmission flex plate) and a bolt-on balancing plate.
- Allows use of lighter 350 flywheel to rev quicker
- Fits between the crankshaft and flexplate
- Correctly balances the engine without resorting to a big heavy flywheel
- Precision stamped steel plate
- Road and race tested
- Can be used in conjunction with a 153 tooth flywheel/flexplate
Note: The weight welded to this plate is positioned to the block side of the plate.
Q & A
Finally, Project Chevelle gets a real hot rod engine under its hood! And what about that flimsy old column shift three-speed? We've got that covered too.
Pat talks about our LS flexplate options.
Follow Tim as he swaps tail housings and covers on a T-5 transmission
Speedway Motors employee Pat O. is back to talk Ford Automatic OverDrive Kickdown brackets and kits.
We finally get to drive Project Chevelle after the big engine swap, and it's pretty awesome. Rowing through the gears with our new Tremec 5-speed isn't bad either!
One of the most challenging things about swapping transmissions can be figuring out the clutch linkage. Speedway can show you how to install the upgraded hydraulic throwout bearing with ease.
There are a few things to consider before you select a replacement flexplate for your small-block Chevy engine. Speedway has some useful tips to follow that will help speed up the process.