Bendix Style Emergency Brakes for 1937-48 Ford Rear, 12 x 2 Inch
Ford Banjo, 12.00" Overall Diameter, 2.00" Overall Thickness, 3.38" x 3.38" Bolt Hole Pattern
- Self-energizing 12" x 1 3/4" or 12" x 2" backing plate assembly complete with shoes, wheel cylinders and hardware
- Fits either the front or rear of '37-'48 Ford cars with original style rear axles and '37-'47 1/2 ton pickups
- Brake assemblies can be used with Buick drums and '48 hubs
- Offered here also is a new iron 12" x 2" brake drum with 5"x 5 1/2" bolt circle
If you want the early look but are reluctant to use old non-energizing drum brakes, we have just what you need. Our 100% new self-energizing backing plate assemblies come complete with shoes, wheel cylinders and hardware. Fits either the front or rear of 1937-48 Ford cars or 1937-47 Ford half-ton pickups with original style rear axle.
These have provisions for an emergency brake cable. These brake assemblies can be used with Buick drums and 1948 Ford hubs, or we also offer new iron 12" x 2" brake drums (910-65400) with 5 on 5-1/2" bolt circle which are impossible to find elsewhere.
- Wheel Cylinder Inlet: 7/16"-24 IFF
- To connect an AN 3 hose, use (2) of 910-318-7/16"
- To connect a 3/16" steel line, use (2) of 910-3183-7/16"
- Bolt Pattern: 3-3/8" center to center both horizontal and vertically
- Use with park brake cables typical of 39-48 Ford passenger cars
- Includes backing plates, shoes, hardware, and wheel cylinders.
12" x 2"
Product pictured assembled. User assembly required.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Q & A
Tim talks about the options we have for early Ford drum brakes.
Tim talks about the difference between juice brakes and self-energizing brakes.
You can slip these Finned Aluminum Buick Brake Drums on to any one of our 1937-48 Ford hubs or 12x2 Bendix brakes. No machining. No re-drilling. Not a cover. Just classic hotrod style.
Finned Aluminum "Buick Style" Brake Drums are a great way to add that vintage hot rod style to your Early Ford. Follow along as we install a pair on our '32 Roadster and add some serious hot rod attitude!