Bendix Style Brakes for 1937-48 Ford Spindles, 12 x 2 Inch
12.00" Overall Diameter, 2.00" Overall Thickness, 3.38" x 3.38" Bolt Hole Pattern, Steel
- Self-energizing 12" x 1-3/4" or 12" x 2" backing plate assembly complete with shoes, wheel cylinders and hardware
- Fits either the front or rear of '37-'48 Ford cars with original style rear axles and '37-'47 1/2 ton pickups
- Brake assemblies can be used with Buick drums and '48 hubs
- Offered here also is a new iron 12" x 2" brake drum with 5" x 5-1/2" bolt circle
- Wheel cylinder inlet is 7/16"-20 straight thread, *NOT* IFF
If you want the early look but are reluctant to use old non-energizing drum brakes, we have just what you need. Our 100% new self-energizing backing plate assemblies come complete with shoes, wheel cylinders and hardware. Fits either the front or rear of 1937-48 Ford cars or 1937-47 Ford half-ton pickups with original style rear axle.
These brake assemblies can be used with Buick drums and 1948 Ford hubs, or we also offer new iron 12" x 2" brake drums (910-65400) with 5 on 5-1/2" bolt circle which are impossible to find elsewhere.
NOT 7/16"-20 IFF
Inlet fitting will require a sealing washer or O-ring style fitting
Bolt Pattern: 3-3/8" center-to-center both horizontal and vertically
If using Model A or B spindles the holes will have to be elongated inward to fit the narrower bolt pattern
We recommend use of adapter rings 916-31928 to keep the spindle centered in the backing plate
Item Details12" x 2"
- Spindle modification is necessary when installing these backing plates. Up to 1/4" of material may need to be removed on the top of the spindle. (Now available are ready-to-use spindles that feature this modification as # 910-32111)
- Our flat plate steering arms WILL NOT fit this backing plate.
- Wheel cylinders will need an O-ring or a sealing washer as they are not IFF fittings. If using with Model A or B spindles, the four bolt holes will have to be elongated inward to fit that narrower bolt pattern. We recommend using a 916-31928 adapter ring for this application.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
Bendix Style Brakes for 1937-48 Ford Spindles, 12 x 1-3/4 Inch
Bendix Style Emergency Brakes for 1937-48 Ford Rear, 12 x 2 Inch
Bendix Style Emergency Brakes for 1937-48 Ford Rear, 12 x 1-3/4 Inch
Bendix Style Front Brake Kit for 1937-48 Ford Spindles, 12x2 Inch
Complete Disc Brake Kit 1937-48 Ford, 5 on 5-1/2 BC
Speedway Early Ford Spindle and Finned Buick Drum Brake Kit
Ford 9 Inch Bolt-On Rear Disc Brake Kit w/ E-Brake Caliper
Speedway Ford 9 Inch Rearend Bolt-On Rear Disc Brake Kit
Wilwood 140-12617 FDLI Pro Series Front Brake Kit, 1940-52 Oldsmobile
OER 6256368 62-67 GM Brake/Clutch Pedal Pad Without Power Brakes
Q & A
Tim explains the process of adjusting Buick Finned Drums to fit Speedway's self-energizing backing plate assembly.
Tim talks about the difference between juice brakes and self-energizing brakes.
Tim demonstrates the brake assembly with a Wide 5 drum brake and Speedway's new self-energizing backing plate.
Tim talks about the options we have for early Ford drum brakes.