Basic Weld-On Rear Disc Brake Kit for 1969-77 GM Caliper, 3 In BS
Universal Fit, Rear Position, Multi: 5 on 4.5" | 4.75" | 5" Bolt Pattern, Vented Rotor Type
- Replace those old drum rear brakes with modern disc brakes using this universal weld on disc brake kit
- Features reinforced weld on brake brackets for use with '69-'77 GM brake calipers
- 11.75" OD vented rotors which are .81" thick ensure cool operation for fade free braking performance
- This basic kit includes rotors, brake hats, and caliper brackets to allow you to choose your own calipers
- The 3" backspace steel brake hat accommodates 5 on 4-1/2, 4-3/4", and 5 on 5" bolt circles
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
Replace those old drum brakes with modern rear disc brakes. Included steel caliper brackets weld to your 3" tube rearend, making this a universal kit for a variety of applications. Basic kit includes caliper brackets for '69-'77 GM mid-size car front calipers, Pro-lite vented .810" x 11-3/4" iron rotors, steel brake hats (3" backspace, 6-1/4" I.D.), and rotor bolts.
Hat fits 5 on 4-1/2", 5 on 4-3/4" and 5 on 5" bolt circles.
Brake pad and caliper installation note:
This bracket features a 90 degree bend in the bracket at the slider bolt threaded area for additional caliper support. This part of the bracket may or may not interfere with the corner of the inner brake pad backing plate due to differences in brake pad manufacturers. When this occurs, it will be necessary to simply remove a minimal amount of backing plate material at each corner of the inner brake pad to allow for the necessary clearance between the bracket and brake pad when the caliper and pads are fully installed.
910-31920 Instructions (PDF)
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
What's In The Kit
Weld-On 1969-77 GM Mid-size Caliper BracketPart # 91641005Qty x 2
Pro-Lite Vented Brake Rotor, 11.75 x .81 InchPart # 91031906Qty x 2
Speedway Stamped Steel Disc Brake Rotor Hat, 3 Inch OffsetPart # 91031904Qty x 2
Rotor Hat Bolt Set, 1/8 Inch ThickPart # 8352500071-1/8Qty x 2
Instruct Sheet-Brake KitPart # 910319INSTQty x 1
Q & A
Learn how to assemble one of our bolt on nine-inch Ford disc brake kits in this step-by-step guide.
Learn how to assemble a rear axle assembly as we put together ours for the 410 Sprint Car Build. Our team of builders continues to make progress on the car!
After getting the control arms and drop spindles installed last time, we are dying to see what it looks like on the ground. Today we are working with the Speedway Deluxe Disc Brake Kit. Josh and Joe are on a roll!
Just about any classic vehicle’s drum brakes can be upgraded to the increased braking performance of a disc brake system. Our Buyer’s Guide provides an overview of disc brake benefits and what you need to succeed with your upgrade.