AFCO Direct Fit 1970-81 Firebird/Trans Am Radiators
70-81 Pontiac Firebird, 70-81 Chevy Camaro, Single Pass Radiator Style, Aluminum
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 22 business days for AFCO to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Second generation Firebirds & Trans Ams hit the streets in 1970 with big cubic inch, high-horsepower engines that often struggled to keep their cool in the hot summer months. To make matters worse, most of these cars were modified for even more horsepower and performance before their paint was even dry, creating challenges for the enthusiast. AFCO Direct-Fit radiators are designed to handle these high-horsepower engines with a 20% increase in cooling over the stock four-row radiators. These units re also designed to work with or without air conditioning, so you can keep your cool behind the wheel.
- Built-in mounting brackets w/ pre-drilled holes
- Factory fan shroud provisions
- Inlets and outlets are factory-style and in stock locations
- Billet filler neck offers strength and higher quality appearance over stamped
- Inlets and outlets are positioned correctly for ease of flow
- 100% aluminum construction (no epoxy)
- Furnace brazed core - 2 rows of 1" tubes
- TIG welded by skilled craftsmen in the USA
Learn more about how radiators work and selecting the proper radiator for your vehicle by reading our tech article. Radiator Cooling Performance.
Item Details*Please see Notes tab for index abbreviations.*
Brass Drain Cock Fitting: 1/4" NPT (included)
Transmission Cooler Ports: 1/4" NPT
Filler Neck Hose Barb: 1/8" Straight (included)
When selecting Finish and Fan Shroud Finish, here are the abbreviations:
S = Satin
B = Black
P = Polished
Fan Shroud Finish
NA = No Fan and Shroud
SS = Single Fan, Satin
SP = Single Fan, Polished
SB = Single Fan, Black
DS = Dual Fan, Satin
DP = Dual Fan, Polished
DB = Dual Fan, Black
More Like This
AFCO Direct Fit 1970-81 GM Aluminum Radiators
AFCO 1970-81 Camaro/Nova/Skylark LS Swap Radiator
AFCO 1970-81 Firebird/Trans Am LS Swap Radiator
Dewitts 1239021A 1970-81 Firebird/TA Direct Fit Radiator, Black, Auto
Dewitts 4139021A 1970-81 Firebird/Trans Am Radiator Fan Combo, Auto
Dewitts 4239021M 1970-81 Firebird/Trans Am Radiator Fan Combo, Man
Dewitts 1139021A 1970-81 Firebird/Trans Am Direct Fit Radiator, Auto
Dewitts 1139021M 1970-81 Firebird/Trans Am Direct Fit Radiator, Man
Dewitts 1239021M 1970-81 Firebird/TA Direct Fit Radiator, Black, Man
Dewitts 4139021M 1970-81 Firebird/Trans Am Radiator Fan Combo, Man
Q & A
Tim talks about a few aluminum radiators we have to offer.
Speedway Motors and Classic Trucks used an AFCO radiator in the ground-up rebuild of the Speedway Motors 1952 Chevy truck.
Looking for an inexpensive radiator for your derby car? Check out this video to see why the Speedway Motors Universal Aluminum Radiator is the perfect solution.
Are you ready to replace that old radiator? Whether it's a factory or high performance application, we can help you choose the correct radiator with a matching fan shroud for your street rod.