AEM 30-2853 High Output Inductive Smart Coil
Universal Fit, Coil pack Coil Style, 40,000 volts Maximum Voltage, 71:01:00 Turns Ratio, Black
The tradeoff between adequate spark energy and adequate spark duration ends with AEM’s High-Output Inductive Coils, the first inductive coils that deliver CDI-like spark energy and voltage, and the long spark duration necessary for vehicles running high compression, high RPM, forced induction and/or nitrous engines.
Auto enthusiasts who have forced induction engines, high RPM engines or run nitrous oxide are aware of the compromises that come with using inductive coils instead of converting to a Capacitive Discharge Ignition system (CDI). While inductive coils deliver a long spark duration with simplicity, they lack the energy to adequately ignite the mixture in the combustion chamber of a highly modified performance vehicle. Conversely, CDIs deliver an intense burst of spark energy, but with practically no spark duration, which makes having the proper air/fuel mixture in the combustion chamber paramount for best performance. This compromise ends with AEM’s High-Output IGBT “Smart” Inductive Coils.
AEM’s High-Output, Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor (IGBT) “Smart” Inductive Coils are designed for use on applications that do not have an external igniter.
IMPORTANT: AEM High Output IGBT Smart and Dumb Coils are intended for coil-near-plug use ONLY. They are NOT intended for use on distributed applications and AEM cannot guarantee or warranty the performance of its IGBT coils when used on distributed ignition vehicles.
AEM’s High-Output Inductive Coils each deliver over 100mJ of spark energy and a minimum of 40,000 Volts—as much as most CDI systems, without the need for a CDI module! They also provide very long spark duration at full energy, unlike CDI systems and multiple spark systems which fire off small spark events prior to and after their CDI burst to mimic longer spark duration.
- Massive Spark Energy, up to 103 mJ
- Incredibly long spark duration, up to 2.9mS
- Up to 40kV Output Voltage, without using a CDI
- Deliver CDI-like spark energy—No CDI Module needed
- Cost less than aftermarket LS1 coils
- Can be mounted almost anywhere
- Weather and Shockproof design
- Can be mounted directly to the Engine
- Output (no load): 40kV minimum
- Output (50pF load): 40kV +/- 10%
- Output Energy: 103 mJ +/- 7%
- Peak Secondary Current: 102 mA +/- 10%
- Arc Duration: 2.9mS +/- 10%
- Turns Ratio 71:1
- Maximum Current: 19 Amps
- Maximum Battery Voltage: 17 Volts
- Base Dwell: 3.0 mS
- Max Continuous Dwell: 9 mS but don’t exceed 40% duty cycle
- Max Intermittent Dwell: 80% duty cycle, 5 seconds maximum
- Mating Connector: Packard/Delphi 12162825 “Pull to Seat”
- Mating Contacts: Packard/Delphi 12124075 “Pull to Seat”
- High Tension Wire Terminal: HEI “spark plug top” Style
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 2 business days for AEM Electronics to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
More Like This
AEM 30-2852 High Output Inductive Dumb Coil
AEM 30-2854-4PK CDI Pencil Coil Four-Pack
MSD 82073 Black Blaster SS Coil
MSD 82023 Blaster 2 Coil High Performance, Black
Edelbrock 22746 Electronic Oil Filled Ignition Coil, Black Finish
AEM 30-2879 Direct Fit Performance Ignition Coil, GM
AEM 30-2874 Direct Fit Performance Ignition Coil, Ford
AEM 30-2876 Direct Fit Performance Ignition Coil, Mopar
AEM 30-2877 Direct Fit Performance Ignition Coil, Mopar
ACCEL 140043 Ignition Coil, GM LS2, LS3 and LS7, Super Coil
Q & A
Looking for an easy performance upgrade to your ignition system? MSD's line of Ignition Control Boxes offer extreme improvements to drivability and high rpm applications. Here's a look at the differences between the 6 series line-up.
Pat talks about our red solid core spark plug wire and rajah ends.
In this episode, Project Chevelle takes a big step in its muscle car transformation. It's out with the little old 307 and to the dyno with our new 383 from BluePrint Engines!
Want to upgrade the HEI your old motor came with? Here is some advice!
Speedway Tech Zach discusses the Pertronix Ignitor III conversion in his '55 Chevy.
Need a battery box housing unit? Follow this step by step guide on how to modify a retro cooler to house a battery box. See how to secure the battery box to a car floor.
Learn about the wiring of GM HEI Ignition Distributors with our diagrams and guide. Ensure you are getting the best performance out of your ignition system.