78-88GM Metric Loaded Brake Caliper Kit w/D154 Wilwood BP-10 Pads
Regal, Monte Carlo, Nova, Cutlass, Cutlass Salon, Cutlass Calais, Cutlass Supreme, Grand Prix
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
These complete single piston brake caliper and brake pad kits are perfect for IMCA Hobby Stock or Street Stock 1978-88 GM Metric race cars.
- Stock style single piston Metric calipers
- Replacement for 1978-88 GM Midsize cars
- For IMCA Hobby Stock/Street Stock classes
- Front brake set with Left and Right calipers/brake pads
- Wilwood BP-10 brake pads - low abrasion on iron rotors, low-medium wear rate
- No core charge required
- 7/16"-20 inlet
- 5-1/2" mount spacing
- Can be used with brake hoses from pre-78 GM intermediate cars
- Allen head zinc plated steel slider bolts - 7/16"-20 Thread
- (1) IMCA Approved 78-88 GM Metric Brake Caliper - Left
- (1) IMCA Approved 78-88 GM Metric Brake Caliper - Right
- (1) Set of 4 Wilwood 150-8636K PolyMatrix BP-10 Brake Pads
- (4) GM Brake Caliper Slider Bolts
Only use full metallic pads on coated rotors.
Compound Data Sheet (PDF)
When utilizing slider bolts, the original slide pin bolt sleeve will not be used. It must be removed from the caliper as the head of this slide pin bolt has this sleeve function built into the bolt. The slide pin bolts included will replace both the original slide pin bolt sleeve and the original equipment type slide pin bolt.
Brake Pad Brand Guide (Link)
Learn how to properly Bed-In your brake pads by reading our tech article. Bedding-In Brake Pad Procedure.
Wilwood 150-8636K PolyMatrix BP-10 Brake Pads
- Medium friction compound with the low noise and low dust of a street performance compound and the increased friction characteristics of a semi-metallic race compound.
- Ideal for disc brake conversions on street rods and muscle cars.
- High performance street / strip, drag race, and track day categories using vented iron rotors.
- Smooth engagement with consistent response from a flat torque curve throughout its entire effective temperature range.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
What's In The Kit
IMCA Approved 1978-88 GM Metric LH Brake Caliper, 7/16-20 InletPart # 91031045-LQty x 1
IMCA Approved 1978-88 GM Metric RH Brake Caliper, 7/16-20 InletPart # 91031045-RQty x 1
Speedway GM Brake Caliper Slider Slide BoltPart # 8352300542Qty x 4
Wilwood 150-8936K D154 PolyMatrix BP-10 Brake Pad Set, GM MetricPart # 8358936Qty x 1
More Like This
78-88 GM Metric Loaded Brake Caliper Kit w/D154 Street Brake Pads
78-88 GM Metric Loaded Brake Caliper Kit w/D154 Hawk DTC-30 Pads
78-88GM Metric Loaded Brake Caliper Kit w/D154 Wilwood PolyE Pads
78-88GM Metric Loaded Brake Caliper Kit w/D154 Super Stopper Pads
78-88 GM Metric Loaded Brake Caliper Kit w/D154 Hawk Black Pads
1978-Up GM Metric Brake Calipers, IMCA Approved
Wilwood 140-12097-R D154 Front Caliper Kit, 2.50 Piston/1.04 Rotor
Wilwood 140-12097-BK D154 Front Caliper Kit, 2.50 Piston/1.04 Rotor
1978-88 Replacement GM Midsize Metric Calipers
IMCA 69-77 GM Loaded Brake Caliper Kit w/Wilwood BP-10 Brake Pads
Q & A
We get a lot of questions about brake kits so Tim gives a brief overview of disc brake setups.
Learn how to bed in or burnish your brake pads. Our quick guide and video will teach you the proper procedure to get the best performance out of your brakes.
Today on our 410 sprint car, the guys are assembling the front axle. The process can be a bit messy, but the finished product is so worth it!
Learn how to assemble a rear axle assembly as we put together ours for the 410 Sprint Car Build. Our team of builders continues to make progress on the car!
Tim talks about the options we have for early Ford drum brakes.