1965-1969 Chevy Truck 5-Lug Rear Axle Conversion Kit
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
If youve upgraded your trucks front end to late model 5 -lug on 5" Chevrolet truck bolt circle disc brakes, now is the time to upgrade your rear end. With the availability of 5-lug trailing arm rear ends quickly drying up, we now offer 5-lug axles that will install into your 6-lug rear end. Our axles come pre-drilled with a 5-lug on 5" Chevrolet truck bolt circle and fit 1965-69 rear ends.
- The axles accept 1971-72 truck drums and use the existing brake hardware
- Available as a complete kit with axles, wheel studs and new brake drums or the use of the spider gear set
- Will not work with 1960-62 trucks
- Axles measure 30-3/4" from the end of the shaft to the outside face of the axle flange
Note: Factory 6-lug applications had 7/16" diameter studs and 5 on 5-lug kits have 1/2" diameter studs.
Item DetailsFor GM 10 & 12 bolt rearend only!
What's In The KitEach kit from Speedway Motors is carefully packaged and delivered right to your door. Below is a list of all the items you should expect to receive when you order this kit. Some of these items may also be available for sale individually if you're here looking for replacement parts.
'65-'69 Rear Axle Conversion 1 of 2Part # 91006569-1Qty x 1
'65-'69 Rear Axle Conversion 2 of 2Part # 91006569-2Qty x 1
Q & A
The Speedway Motors Tech Team created a quick how-to on squaring the front axle of your open wheel race car.
Pat talks about our 67-72 pickup rear end housing and some of the options we have for it.