1964-74 GM Car OEM Style Disc Brake Spindles
64-74 Buick, 64-74 Chevy, 64-74 Oldsmobile, 64-74 Pontiac, Left and Right Position, Steel
- These spindles allow you to easily and affordably convert your stock drum front brakes to the original style GM front disc brakes
- Forged steel construction for maximum strength
- These are stock height spindles to keep your car at the factory designed ride height
- Works well with Speedway disc brake kit 91031958 for a true bolt on installation
- Fits 1964-72 GM A-Body (Chevelle, Malibu, GTO, LeMans, 442, Cutlass, GS, Skylark), 1967-69 F-Body (Camaro, Firebird), 1968-74 X-Body (Nova, Apollo, Omega, Ventura)
These spindles allow you to easily and affordably convert your stock drum front brakes to the original style GM front disc brakes. These new replacement forged steel disc brake spindles fit GM A-body, F-body and X-body passenger cars. These spindles are stock height, not dropped.
- Replacement spindles
- Stock height, not dropped
The primary difference between disc brake spindles and drum brake spindles is the thickness of the upper mount boss. The upper boss is 5/8" thicker on drum brake spindles than on the disc brake spindles. Spindles work well with Speedway disc brake kit 910-31958.
Fits the following applications:
- 1964-72 A-Body - Chevelle, Malibu, GTO, LeMans, 442, Cutlass, GS, Skylark
- 1967-69 F-Body - Camaro, Firebird
- 1968-74 X-Body - Nova, Apollo, Omega, Ventura
910-31958 Instructions (PDF)
Notes="Primary difference between these and drum-brake spindles is the thickness of the upper mount boss, it's 5/8" thicker on drum spindles. These spindles use 1/2" bolts to mount the steering arms."
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
More Like This
1964-72 GM A-Body 2 Inch Dropped Spindles
G-Comp 2 Inch Drop Performance Spindles for GM A/F/X-Body Muscle Cars
RideTech 11009300 RideTech 2" Drop, 1.5" Taller Spindle, F/A Body
Wilwood 831-15890 AFX ProSpindle Kit, 2 Inch drop, Pair
UMI DSGTECH 64-72 A-Body Tall Drop Spindles, Fatman Fabrications
G-Comp Spindle GM AFX Single
1967-1969 Camaro GM F-Body 2 Inch Dropped Spindles
Speedway 1949-54 Chevy Car Modified Spindles w/ Deluxe King Pins
Speedway 1928-1948 Ford Forged Spindles w/ King Pins
Speedway 1928-1948 Ford Forged Spindles w/ Deluxe King Pins
Q & A
Today on our 410 sprint car, the guys are assembling the front axle. The process can be a bit messy, but the finished product is so worth it!
Our new 383 engine gets installed in the '32 Roadster. We also update the steering wheel, shift knob/adapter, and wheels and tires. It's got some real 1960's flair now!
If you're going to buy a horn isn't it nice to know what it sounds like first? That's why Speedway produced a helpful video to hear the differences in the unique horns that we offer.
Project Chevelle upgrades the 4 drum brakes single master cylinder that was an unfortunate set of boxes checked on this Chevelle’s order sheet.
Learn more about the three piece spindle, which offers improved geometry, replaceable steering arms, and compatibility. Applicable to modifieds, sport mods, stock car and hobby stocks.
Project Chevelle undergoes front suspension upgrades to minimize feeling every dip and bump in the road. Josh S. walks through the install and quick overview of the tubular control arms and G comp spindles.
If you are confused as to how that new steering wheel you want is going to attach to your project's steering column then this buyer's guide should be your first visit before adding that new wheel to your shopping list.