1955-57 Chevy Engine Mount and Transmission Crossmember Kit
6" Drop, Natural
- Our 1955-57 Chevy engine and transmission mount kit simplifies installation and allows you to add belt driven accessories to the front of the engine
- Kit includes a 1955 to 1957 Chevy Transmission Crossmember Kit and a side engine mount for small or big block Chevy engines
- Engine and transmission rubber mount cushion are included to simplify installation
- Simple no-weld installation only requires drilling a few bolt holes for assembly
- Comes with detailed instructions to provide a painless installation
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
On your '55-'57 Chevy car, the front motor mounts are at the front of the block and the rear mount attaches to the bellhousing. This works fine for original use, but makes it hard to swap in a different tranny or add belt driven accessories to the front of the engine. This mount kit is the solution!
- (1) 1955-57 Chevy Transmission Crossmember Kits
- End to end width = 32-7/8"
- Center to center width (mounting holes) = 3"
- (1) S/B, B/B or 90 Degree V6 Chevy Crossmember Mount
- Maximum working width: 39"
- Minimum working width: 21"
- Min. Mounting Distance: 20.00"
- Tube O.D.: 1.75"
- Hole Diameter: 1.75"
- Center to Center: 16.75"
- Drop: 6.00"
- Center Drop: 5.50"
- Notes:Mount a Chevy engine in almost any frame up to 39" wide.
- (1) 1955-57 Chevy Tri-Five SBC Engine Block Side Mount Kit
- Overall Width: 4.500"
- Overall Height: 4.250"
- Material Thickness: .225"
- Tube I.D.: .635"
- (1) 1958-82 GM Transmission Rubber Mount Cushion
- Overall Length: 4.75"
- Overall Width: 2.25"
- Overall Height: 1.75"
- Centerline of Holes: 3.75"
- Notes: 7/16"-14 thread size for crossmember bolts. Bolt hole centers for crossmember is 1.5".
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
What's In The Kit
1955-57 Chevy Tri-Five Engine Block Side Mount Kit, SBCPart # 7204175Qty x 1
1955-57 Chevy Transmission Crossmember KitsPart # 91628910Qty x 1
3-Bolt Chevy Rubber Motor Mounts for 90 Degree V6, SB/Big Block V8Part # 91018012Qty x 1
Speedway 1958-82 GM Transmission Rubber Mount CushionPart # 91018016Qty x 1
More Like This
1955-57 Chevy Transmission Crossmember Kits
1955-57 Chevy LS Engine Mount and Transmission Crossmember Kit
1955-57 Chevy LS Swap Transmission Crossmember
Hurst 67510003 Trans. Crossmember 55-57 Chevy TKO, Magnum 6 Speed
Speedway Universal 6 Inch Drop Tubular Transmission Crossmember Mount
Speedway Universal 2 Inch Drop Tubular Transmission Crossmember Mount
Speedway Universal 4 Inch Drop Tubular Transmission Crossmember Mount
Speedway Universal 8 Inch Drop Tubular Transmission Crossmember Mount
Small Block Chevy and TH350 Auto Trans Mount Option For T Frame Kit
Small Block Ford and C4 Auto Trans Mount Option for T Frame Kit
Q & A
Follow along to see how a 1955 Chevy Bel Air is chosen for a Tri-5 restoration project. From a floral dash to a hole in the floor, there is some work to be done!
This article guides you through the process of repairing and painting a subframe for a 1967 Poncho Firebird. See how the front suspension gets an overhaul including new G-comp spindles and a disc brake kit.
Incorporating a Model A rear cross member and a high arc stock spring into a roadster build.
Follow this guide on how to install a splined sway bar for GM A-body applications. See the installation process on a '68 Chevelle frame using stock control arms and factory chassis bolt and pad locations.
In this Tech Tip, John answers a customer question about what would be needed to swap some additional power in place of his anemic 233c.i. Ford.
Here's a handy guide to familiarize you with our G-Comp line of performance suspension systems.
Get a good foundation on racing shocks and their different functions. Learn about the fundamentals and the pros and cons between various types of shocks available.
Learn about the steps and tools necessary for a smooth chassis assembly for your sprint car.