1949-1954 Early Chevy Car Straight Axle
Universal Fit, Chevy/GM Stock Spindle Style, Solid Tube Straight Axle Style, 2" Tube O.D.
- This straight axle is specifically designed for the 1949-1954 early Chevy car
- Made from strong steel with a plain finish
- Axles are universal-fit, and professionally engineered & built
- They feature welded ends which require 1949-54 Chevy passenger car style spindles
- Axle tube has a 0.250" wall and a 2.00" O.D.
Our plain steel tube axles are universal-fit, and professionally engineered & built. Features welded ends which require 1949-54 Chevy passenger car style spindles. Choose from 44"-50" widths (kingpin center-to-center), or order a custom length to fit your needs.
- Axle Tube: 0.250" wall
- Axle Diameter: 2.00" O.D.
Gasser Build Info (PDF)
Item DetailsFor custom width axle, specify length in comments section of shopping cart at checkout.
- Not For Off-Road Race Use
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Q & A
Check out our 6th episode of the 410 Sprint Car Build series. Last time we assembled the rear axle and now we are installing it!
Today on our 410 sprint car, the guys are assembling the front axle. The process can be a bit messy, but the finished product is so worth it!
Pat talks about our 67-72 pickup rear end housing and some of the options we have for it.
When it comes to a traditional style build on an early hot rod it just has to be rolling on a solid front axle of some sort. In this buyer's guide we take you through I-beam and round tube solid axles, spindle choices, radius rod needs, and more.
In this Tech Tip, John responds to a customer looking to upgrade the 8” stock differential in his Cougar to a 9” open diff.