You don't sacrifice quality for a low price - get both with a set of Flo-Tek aluminum cylinder heads. These Chevy aluminum heads are loaded with high end features like bronze valve guides, multi angle valve job, and 3/8" screw-in rocker studs with guideplates. These are a pre-1986 design small block Chevy cylinder head with a standard exhaust port design.
Heads are sold each.
- 180cc intake runners
- 62cc exhaust runners
- 64cc combustion chambers
- 2.02" and 1.60" stainless steel valves
- High performance springs for .550" lift
- Compatible with most flat tappet camshafts
- Five angle valve job
- Bronze guides
- Straight plug
- 3/8" screw-in studs and guide plates
- Port for temperature probe
- Works well with most flat tappet street cams
- Valve Lift .400" .500" .600"
- Intake 206 237 244
- Exhaust 165 177 187
Assembled heads have single valve springs (with flat wire inner damper) with a seat pressure of 115 lbs. For use with solid (mechanical) flat tappet or hydraulic flat tappet cams.
- 271C57YC spark plugs (14mm thread, 5/8" hex, flat gasket, .750" reach)
- Fel-Pro 1034 or 1010 head gaskets
- Torque head bolts in 3 stages
- Upper bolt torque: 50 lbs, 65 lbs, then 80 lbs.
- Lower bolt torque: 50 lbs, 65 lbs, then 75 lbs.
Our Techs Recommend:
- Rocker Arms: 57533501 or 57523501
- Cam and Lifter Kits: 282122102 or 282122112 (for mild street use and hot rod sound without having to use a higher stall converter for an automatic transmission)
Note: The heads will accept even our most radical street cams such as number 282122144 but other requirements will need to be addressed along with this cam choice.
Note: The FelPro 1205 gasket works best with this head. If using a 1204 you will need to do a little trimming around the ports.