BluePrint 496 Big Block Chevy Crate Engine
Click image to enlarge
Please note the following about this product:
- This product is discontinued.
Q & A (30)
What's in the Box
This 496 B/B Chevy motor is a Speedway Exclusive! Machined and assembled at BluePrint Engines, each engine is dyno tested (includes individual dyno sheet) and comes with a 30 month/50,000 mile warranty. Each crate engine is built to crank out 480 hp @ 5200 rpm and 550 ft.-lbs. @ 4000 rpm.
- 480 hp @ 5200 rpm
- 550 ft.-lbs. @ 4000 rpm
- 4 bolt main .060" over block
- Two piece rear seal, passenger side dipstick
- New cast steel crankshaft externally balanced, 4.250" stroke
- New 4340 forged connecting rods
- Hypereutectic flat top pistons
- 9:1 compression ratio
- Rotating assembly balanced to within 2 grams
- New 168 tooth flexplate
- Chrome valve covers and timing cover
- Power + Crosswind dual plane aluminum intake manifold
- Melling high volume oil pump
- GM cast iron oval port heads
- Screw-in studs and guide plates
- Hardened retainers and performance valve springs
- Hydraulic flat tappet camshaft
- New HEI distributor
- 2500 stall converter recommended
Truck Freight Shipping Charges Apply - click here for details.
Flat tappet hydraulic camshafts
.556 Intake lift
.556 Exhaust lift
236 Intake duration at .050
236 Exhaust duration at .050
On a 110 deg lobe separation.