World Sportsman II Small Block Chevy Iron Heads, Angle Plug
Chevy Small Block V8, Cast Iron, Natural, 60cc - 69cc Combustion Chamber Volume Range
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
The industry’s most popular true high performance cast iron cylinder head has been continuously improved since its introduction over 20 years ago. With 200cc intake and 69cc exhaust ports, World’s Sportsman II cylinder heads offer 30-70 horsepower gains over OEM cast iron heads, yet are 50-state emissions legal.
- Bolt on from 30 to 70 additional H.P. (Dyno Proven)
- Combustion chambers available in 64cc
- Available with either angle, or straight spark plugs
- 200cc intake runners
- Fully machined rocker cover rails
- Higher, wider, raised roof intake runner with improved short turn radius
824-1112 Instructions (PDF)
Please specify cam lift in comments section when ordering heads.
Assembled heads are built to order.
Item DetailsAngle Plug, 64cc Chambers
Wissota Approved #1115
- Recommended spark plug is a 14mm-5/8", .460" reach with a tapered seat.
- Head Flow @ .600 Lift
245 intake, 165 exhaust (Super Flow 1050)
260 intake, 176 exhaust (Super Flow 600)
All heads flowed with a standard .750" intake plate, without exhaust tube, and 28" of water.
- Casting ID Number: I-037
- Material: High density cast iron
- Valve Seats: Intake (integral), exhaust (hardened)
- Valve Guides: Integral cast iron
- Spring Seats: Machined for 1.560" and 1.250"
- Valve Diameter: 2.020"" intake, 1.600" exhaust (11/32" stem)
- Rocker Arm Studs: Screw-in style
- Rocker Arms: 1.5 ratio (use of 1.6 ratio will require elongation of pushrod holes)
- Intake Runner: 200cc, standard port location
- Exhaust Ports: 69cc, standard location
- Combustion Chamber: 64cc, straight or angled plug orientation
- Spark Plug: 14mm 5/8" .460" reach tapered style
- Valve Job: Multi-angle intake and radiused exhaust
- Valve Cover Rail: Raised w/ perimeter and center bolt pattern
- Valve Angle: Stock 23°
- Accessory Bolt Holes: Stock
What's In The Kit
More Like This
World Sportsman II Small Block Chevy Iron Heads, Straight Plug
World Products Motown 220 Iron Cylinder Heads
Sportsman 64CC Angle 200 Iron
World S/R Small Block Chevy Cylinder Heads, Straight Plug, 1.94/1.50
World Products 053040-2 Ford Windsor Sr. Complete Cylinder Heads
World S/R Small Block Chevy Cylinder Heads, Straight Plug, 2.02/1.60 Valves
World Products 053040-BARE Ford Windsor Sr. Cylinder Head, Bare
World Products 053030 Small Block Ford Windsor Jr Cylinder Head, Bare
World Products 053030-2 S/B Ford Windsor Jr. Cylinder Head, Complete
Dart Iron Eagle Assembled Chevy Heads, Angle Plug, 200cc/49cc
Q & A
Tim talks about the new Edelbrock powder coated cylinder heads and provides a little history on Federal Mogul heads.
Tim shows off our aluminum cylinder heads for 348-409 Chevys.
In part 2, you will read about the Generation 4 small block series of V8s that share the same platform as the Generation 3 discussed in part 1.
Trying to decide which power plant to use in your latest project? Here's a quick guide of modern V8 engines for hot rodders to consider.
Illustration showing the various styles of engine heads you may encounter on the Small Block Chevy engine.
Engine Cylinder Numbers
Tim M. has tried to stay true to the vintage route, but sometimes, exceptions must be made. For example, the original oiling system's paper element and canister are functional, but an upgraded system will be more reliable.