Universal Seat Mounting Frame, Slider and Mounts
Universal Fit, 15.50" Overall Width, 17.50" Overall Length, 7.00" Overall Height, 1" Tube O.D.
- Complete kit includes everything to install one bucket seat into most early cars and trucks with flat floors
- Seat mount kit with sliders has an assembled height of 7 inches
- Dual locking ball bearing seat sliders provide 7 inches of smooth seat adjustment and positive retention
- Tubular steel seat mounting frame works well on flat floors but will require modification to fit a contoured floor
- Fully assembled the kit measures 15-1/2-inches wide by 17-1/2-inches long
Build Your KitYou're almost there! This kit has an option or two for you to select. Let us know which options you want for your new kit.
- Complete kit includes everything to install bucket seats into most early cars and trucks with flat floors
- Dual locking ball bearing seat sliders for smooth seat adjustment and positive retention
- Seat sliders provide 7 inches of front-to-rear adjustment for driver/passenger comfort
- Seat mounting frame constructed of 1-inch OD tubular steel with .813-inch OD cross bars for strength
- Frame can be modified for custom installations by cutting the legs down and welding
- Seat mount kit with sliders has an assembled height of 7 inches
- Assembled dimensions of 15-1/2-inches wide by 17-1/2-inches deep
- Includes all fasteners and spacers to mount seat plates to sliders and sliders to frame
- Does NOT include fasteners to mount seat frame to vehicle
- Seat frame mounting bolt hole pattern is 14-1/4-inches x 18-inches center-to-center
Make Those Long Hauls Comfortable
There is nothing like getting out on the open road and taking a trip in your hot rod. Multi-state events where you are behind the wheel for several hours at a time mean your driving position must be one of comfort and control. Having the seat positioned just right, a tilt steering column, and proper pedal placement are all key to enjoying the ride and not arrive at your destination feeling like a pretzel.
Tilt steering columns are an easy upgrade, and we offer everything you would need to make that upgrade to your vehicle. Same goes for our huge selection of gas and brake pedal assemblies. So, when it comes to getting your aftermarket seats just right in your early hot rod, don't sweat it, we have you covered there too with our Universal Seat Mount and Slider Kit.
Universal Seat Mount Works Best With Flat Floors But Can Be Modified to Fit
With a mounting bolt pattern of 14-1/4-inches x 18-inches center-to-center the steel tube frame in our Universal Seat Mount and Slider Kit will fit most any flat floor of an early pre-war car or pickup truck. Order a pair of these and update your classic ’40s or ’50s bench seat ride to a pair of buckets, providing more support and comfort and room to add a center console!
Of course, if your ride’s floor is not totally flat a little cutting and welding will allow our steel tube frame to conform to just about anything. Shorten the legs or lengthen the legs as needed to get just the right seat position you are looking for. On flat floor installations our kit should work as delivered with little to no modifications. However, some customers may feel the seat height is too tall, and in these instances cutting the universal seat mounting frame down to your desired working height will be your best course of action for a comfortable driving position.
We include all hardware to mount the seat sliders and seat mounting flanges to the steel frame and even include 1/2-inch steel spacers for clearance between the seat and sliders so that the slider mechanisms work properly without binding. This provides a 7-inch overall height to the assembly, which is not usually a problem in early hot rods or pickup trucks with a completely flat floor. However, you will need your own seat mounting hardware (often included with the seat) and hardware to mount the steel tube frame to your floor.
Includes All Major Components to Mount Your Bucket Seat
Our Universal Seat Mount and Slider Kit begins with our universal seat brackets built from a 1-inch OD round tube steel frame with .813-inch OD cross bars for strength and support. These steel tube frame bucket seat mounting brackets are 5 inches tall and are designed for early hot rods and pickup trucks with a low and flat floor pan area, unlike later cars of the ’60s and ’70s that utilized welded-in-place automotive seat risers. If your vehicle’s floor is not completely flat the frame can be cut and modified/welded to fit your exact needs.
Included is a seat slider kit which features a pair of ball-bearing supported seat sliders with mounting hardware. These universal seat sliders allow up to 7 inches of seat movement to give you that Goldilocks feeling of sitting just right; not too close, or not too far from the steering wheel and pedals. Seat sliders are the perfect upgrade for easier rear seat access as well. The adjustable seat sliders feature individual locks for each side controlled by a single hand lever, making seat adjustments quick and easy without that “seat wiggle” a single locking seat sider can cause. They bolt directly to our bucket seat mounting brackets.
Our Universal Seat Mount and Slider Kit also includes a pair of universal seat mounting plates to aid in facilitating the seat to slider/frame mounting. Depending upon the seat used there may be some drilling required of the plates or possibly additional mounting hardware required, so it is best to mock everything up on your workbench before mounting the steel frame base in your ride. If you are looking for universal seat mounting kit with brackets and sliders to mount your aftermarket bucket seats into an early hot rod with a flat floor, this is the kit for you.
910-70024 Instructions (PDF)
- Upper mounting holes of universal seat mount are 11" center to center front to rear and 12" center to center side to side
- Universal seat mount floor mount holes are 14-1/4" side to side and 18" front to rear, both are center to center of holes in frame
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
What's In The Kit
Bolt Kit for Seat SlidersPart # 91070026-2Qty x 1
Speedway Universal Bucket Seat Slider TracksPart # 91070026Qty x 1
Speedway Universal Bucket Seat Frame Mount BracketPart # 91070025Qty x 1
Universal Seat Mount PlatesPart # 91070027Qty x 1
Q & A
Eagle Motorsports, Inc. employee Frank takes a few minutes to discuss how to properly measure for a race seat.
Speedway Motors employee Pat O. took a couple minutes to talk about a few seat belt options available at Speedway Motors.
New upholstery can be expensive. Pat shows a couple alternatives to upgrade the comfort in your ride for less.
Tim shows some of the 1932 Ford steel replacement parts we have to offer.