UMI 3046 78-88 G-Body C5/C6 Front Brake Conversion Brackets
Black, 0.375" Material Thickness, Steel, Powder Coated, Hardware Included
The UMI P/N 3046 brake conversion bracket is designed to mount 1997-2013 C5 or C6 front calipers and rotors to the 1978-1988 GM G-Body factory spindle. Conversion brackets are CNC laser cut from 3/8” thick mild steel and feature a heavy duty black powder coat finish. Each kit includes Grade 10.9 mounting hardware and complete detailed installation instructions. Supplied installation instructions included detailed list of GM part numbers needed to complete the brake grade upgrade. 17” wheels needed for C5 brakes and 18” wheels for C6. As with all UMI Performance products, these brackets are 100% manufactured, tested and raced out of Philipsburg, PA – USA.
Features and benefits:
- CNC laser cut 3/8” thick mild steel.
- Adapts C5/C6 caliper to factory spindle. Slight modification of spindle required.
- Uses turned down GM G-Body hub/rotor or Wilwood 270-12304. Wilwood hubs available from UMI Performance.
- Beautiful gloss black powder coat.
- Grade 10.9 mounting hardware.
- Used on UMI’s Green Machine Monte Carlo. Track tested in brutal conditions.
- Kit includes brackets, bracket mounting hardware and detailed instructions.
Note: Requires slight modification to factory spindle. Installation requires a hub. Hub can be a GM G-Body rotor turned down or Wilwood P/N 270-12304. All other items needed to complete the installation are GM P/N’s. Instructions include detailed P/N list.
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 10 business days for UMI Performance to ship this item.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
More Like This
Weld-On 1969-77 GM Flat Mount Caliper Bracket
Basic Disc Brake Kit, 1969-77 GM Caliper to Ford Spindle, 5 on 4-1/2In
Basic Disc Brake Kit, 1969-77 GM Caliper, Stock Ford Spindle, 5on4-3/4
Basic Brake Kit, GM Metric Caliper/Mustang II Rotor to Chevy Spindle
Weld-On 1978-88 GM Metric Caliper Bracket
AFCO 40120 Weld-On Rear Caliper Bracket, 3/16 Inch Thick
UMI 2120 93-02 F-Body C5/C6 Brake Conversion Brackets, Black
AFCO 40121 Weld-On Rear Caliper Bracket, 1/4 Inch Thick
GM Intermediate Spindle to Metric Caliper Bracket, Left Hand
Weld-On 1969-77 GM Mid-size Caliper Bracket
Q & A
Learn how to assemble one of our bolt on nine-inch Ford disc brake kits in this step-by-step guide.
Tim talks about the options we have for early Ford drum brakes.
Today on our 410 sprint car, the guys are assembling the front axle. The process can be a bit messy, but the finished product is so worth it!
This article demonstrates how to install a complete Winters quick change kit with additional parts including birdcages, brackets, and calipers for a modified race car.
Jeff installs a Wilwood 12.19" Front Disc Brake Kit to his 1967 Chevelle. Read more on the caliper bracket assembly and brake rotor setup.
A guide on how to install Wilwood rear brakes for performance and better handling suspension. Learn about critical clearance for the outer axle components on Jeff's 1967 Chevelle.
Follow this guide as Kevin explains how he upgraded the rear bolt-on caliper brackets and rotors on a '54 Chevy Belair.