UMI 265253-1-B 70-81 F-Body Tubular Front A-Arms, Delrin, Black
Front Upper and Lower Position, Tubular Control Arm Style, Steel, Chromoly Cross Pin Material
UMI’s 2nd Generation F-Body a-arm kit, P/N 265253-1 is designed to make your classic cruiser feel like modern muscle. Increased positive caster combined with improved camber curve and low friction Delrin bushings make for a well-tuned front end. Increased caster is achieved relocating both the upper and lower ball joints to enhance steering feel and improve high speed stability. As designed, the caster range is 5-7 degrees. The spindle pin location remains unchanged so fender clearance is like stock. The upper a-arms include offset Chromoly cross shafts to reduce the amount of shims required when setting camber as well as a tall ball joint to improve camber gain. Upper and lower a-arms are assembled with UMI built Delrin bushings to allow proper suspension movement. A pancake style polyurethane bump stop is included to control suspension droop. The heavy duty lower spring bucket accepts factory and aftermarket coil springs as well as the popular hybrid coilover units. Laser cut UMI reinforcement plates add a great appearance and excellent strength. UMI’s double shear sway bar end links are included and work nicely with UMI P/N 4035 sway bar and also most aftermarket stock eyelet type sway bars. Available in UMI red or gloss black powder coat. 100% designed, manufactured and raced with pride in Philipsburg, PA-USA.
- Performance a-arm kit is a direct bolt-in for 1970-1981 GM F-Body.
- Chromoly offset cross shaft upper to reduce number of shims required during alignment.
- 5-7 degrees of total positive caster. 0 to 2-1/2 degrees of negative camber.
- Upper ball joint moved rearward to add 3-4 degrees caster potential.
- Lower ball joint relocated forward to increase caster 2 degrees which improves steering feel and straight line stability.
- Upper and lower a-arms built from USA Made DOM steel tubing.
- UMI built Delrin bushings for crisp steering response.
- ½” taller upper ball joint to improve camber gain and traction during cornering.
- Heavy duty spring bucket accepts factory and aftermarket coil springs.
- Spring bucket is compatible with popular hybrid coils such as Viking and QA1.
- UMI built Delrin bushings improve steering response and reduce deflection.
- Double shear swivel sway bar mounts and hardware work with UMI P/N 4035 and most other factory eyelet style sway bars.
- Made in the USA.
Optional New Hardware Kit: UMI offers the option of new high grade mounting hardware for your classic Camaro or Firebird. 1970-1974 cars use ½” standard hardware on the lower a-arms while 1975-1981 use 14mm metric control arm hardware. UMI suggests checking your vehicles current hardware size before ordering to confirm. UMI a-arms are supplied with both sets of mounting sleeves to except either hardware sizes. Hardware kits are Grade 8 standard and Grade 10.9 metric with Ny-lock nuts.
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 10 business days for UMI Performance to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
Q & A
Learn about Speedway Motor's Fully Assembled Rear Control Arm Kit and how it saves time and hassle. In this video, Joe and Kyle explain the benefits of this new product.
Eagle Motorsports, Inc. put together a how-to video on installing their Stallard SST Front Axle Assembly.
Darrian explains the process of Shelby/Arning drop changes and how that affects your car.
Learn how replace lower and upper rear control arms. Read up on racer Steve's A-body control arm replacement and the bushings included kit he recommends.
Project Chevelle undergoes front suspension upgrades to minimize feeling every dip and bump in the road. Josh S. walks through the install and quick overview of the tubular control arms and G comp spindles.
Have a 1970-1994 GM A- or X-body in need of some new lower control arms? Take a look at what Speedway Motors' employee Steve L. has to say about our lower control arms!
Whether you are looking to change the look of your truck, get rid of your tired rusty springs, or upgrade the ride quality of your truck, Speedway Motors has you covered with stock height and lowered spring options.