UMI 2628-R 70-81 F-Body Leaf Spring Traction Bar Kit, Red
UMI's leaf spring traction bars work to improve forward traction and reduce or eliminate wheel hop. These traction bars bolt to UMI leafs or factory leafs with no modification. Dramatically improve performance without cutting, welding or back-halfing your car. Pair with UMI 2624 to further enhance performance. 100% Made In USA. Race proven on the UMI '71 Camaro.
Features and Benefits:
- Enhanced forward traction and less leaf spring wrap
- Reduce or eliminate wheel hop
- Delrin bushings provide low friction movement
- Heavy duty fabricated mount replaces factory leaf spring plate that are commonly bent
- Traction bar mount welded directly to plate versus bolt on
- Adjustable bar length to tune ride quality vs response
- Works great for road race, autocross and drag racing
- Race Proven and 100% Made In USA
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 10 business days for UMI Performance to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
More Like This
UMI 262824-R 70-81 F-Body Leaf Spring Traction Bars/Mounts, Red
UMI 262824-B 70-81 F-Body Leaf Spring Traction Bars/Mounts, Black
UMI 2628-B 70-81 F-Body Leaf Spring Traction Bar Kit, Black
Lakewood 21607 Traction Bars, Street/Strip, 1970-1981 Camaro/Firebird
Lakewood 21150 Competition Traction Bars, GM, Steel
Speedway Chrome Traction Bars, 28 Inch
Lakewood 20470 Traction Bars, Universal, 28 Inch, Chrome Plated Steel
Lakewood 20475 Traction Bars, 28 Inch, Universal, Steel, Yellow
Lakewood 22026 Traction Bars, Universal, 30 Inch
Q & A
Tim talks about what options we have for hot rod shocks.
When it comes to a traditional style build on an early hot rod it just has to be rolling on a solid front axle of some sort. In this buyer's guide we take you through I-beam and round tube solid axles, spindle choices, radius rod needs, and more.
Learn how to mount a traditional transverse rear leaf spring. These tips will help the installation run smoothly and successfully.
Follow this guide on how to install a splined sway bar for GM A-body applications. See the installation process on a '68 Chevelle frame using stock control arms and factory chassis bolt and pad locations.
Learn how to lower a hot rod by modifying the axles and some history behind early hop ups. This project features a Ford axle with wishbones for a Model A.
Our hot rod expert takes you through his ford I beam axle setup. Follow as he sets up the front end on his split wishbone front suspension Model A.
Speedway Street Tech Kevin goes over the install of the TCI 1949-54 Chevy Car Rear Leaf Spring Kit on his '54 BelAir sedan.