Tuff Stuff 7068K Smooth Back 1 Wire Ford Alternator, 140 AMP
Ford Small Block V8, Ford FE V8, Ford Inline Six, Ford MEL V8, Ford Big Block V8, Natural
- This alternator comes with a V-groove pulley
- Produces 140 amps and is a true one wire hookup
- It replaces 1961-1985 small case alternators and 1986-1993 Mustangs
- Made from 100% new components and carry a one year limited warranty
- Features a low idle cut-in internal regulator and provides plenty of charging at low RPMs
All Tuff Stuff alternators are hand built in Cleveland, Ohio and are tested to meet or exceed OEM specifications. All Tuff Stuff alternators are made from 100% new components and carry a one year limited warranty. Tuff Stuff has alternator applications for virtually all muscle cars, hot rods, customs and light trucks in just about every finish imaginable.
Many enthusiasts prefer our clean, simple 1-wire alternator option which features a low idle cut-in internal regulator and provides plenty of charging at low RPMs. Available in chrome plated, polished aluminum, powder coated and plain as cast finishes. All alternators are for 12 volt, negative ground systems, except where noted.
- Ford Alternator
- Smooth Back
- 1 Wire
- 140 AMP
- V Groove Pulley
- Internal Regulator
- As Cast
- Replaces 1961 - 85 Small Case Alternators and 1986 - 93 Mustangs
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Q & A
Pat talks about our red solid core spark plug wire and rajah ends.
Check out our one wire alternator conversion guide. We cover GM 1 wire alternator wiring as well as Ford and Chevy. Learn about pulley ratio and charging too!
Brief review of the different types of Ford alternators and regulators available through Speedway Motors.
Learn about GM alternator identification in our guide. We cover GM 3 wire alternators, 1 wire alternators, and externally regulated so you know what to choose.
Kevin W. walks through each step of installing a new alternator bracket on a 454 Big Block Chevy.
These are the specifications for the alternator and A/C brackets from Bill's Hot Rod Company available at Speedway Motors.
Follow along as our Expert details his restoration methods for making an engine in an old 1954 Chevy look new again with a little cleaning and refinishing.