Tight-Tubes Block Hugger Header Extension Kit, Mild Steel
Universal Fit, Extension Tubing Exhaust Pipe Type, 2.500" Outside Diameter, Mild Steel, Natural
- 2 1/2" diameter mandrel bent tubes curve back a at 90 degree angle and are offset outward to clear the bell housing and starter
- Mandrel bends ensure full size throughout the bend to maximize flow and increase performance
- Premium 16 gauge mild steel tubing allows for easy welding and fabrication
- Just trim the length, weld on the 9/32" thick collector flange (included, with gaskets) and you're all set
- Using this kit makes the hook-up of your exhaust system a snap
Using this kit makes the hook-up of your exhaust system a snap! The 2-1/2" diameter, 16-gauge, mandrel-bent tubes curve back at a 90° angle and are offset outward to clear the bellhousing and starter. They drop 10-1/2" from the header flange and they extend backward 17-1/2" after the 90 degree bend.
Just trim the length, weld on the 9/32" thick collector flange (included, with gaskets) and you're all set! Works great with any tight-fit headers. Header not included.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
Q & A
If you're ready to get your street machine sounding as good as it looks, it's important to know how each muffler will affect your sound and performance. Take a listen and decide which muffler is best for your rod.
Some basic info on the various exhaust options carried by Speedway Motors.
What size header should I use? Short or long tube headers? Learn how to answer these exhaust questions and choose the right header with our expert guide.
See the final steps of installing a custom exhaust system on a '67 Chevelle. Learn some tips on how to offset and install the exhaust U bend tailpipe.
Next up, Jeff installs a custom exhaust system in his '67 Chevelle. See how he applies tailpipe tips and incorporates exhaust cutouts during the process.