TCI Automotive 242931 Streetfighter Torque Converter LS1 Lock-up
4L60E, 10" Diameter, Lockup Compatible, Anti-Ballooning Plate, Balanced, Furnace-Brazed
Designed with the street/strip application in mind, this torque converter benefits more radically prepared street machines (those with performance cams, aftermarket carbs and higher compression ratios) to bring the launch RPM in line with the performance enhancements. The StreetFighter lets you take advantage of horsepower gains found in higher RPM ranges.
- Furnace-brazed fins
- Needle bearings
- Hardened pre-ground pump hub
- Computer balanced
- Installation hardware included
- Higher RPM launches
- Quicker reaction times
- Lower elapsed times
- Better low- and mid-range power
- 1500+ RPM increase in stall over stock
- Fits 1998-02 4L60E F-Body LS1 Applications; 1999-06 4L60E/4L65E Trucks w/ 4.8, 5.3, 6.0 Engines
- This item ships directly from the manufacturer. It may take an additional 2 business days for TCI Automotive to ship this item.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
- This item ships via Ground Shipping only. Expedited and Air shipping options are not available.
More Like This
TCI 242993 3 Disc 3600 Stall 4L60E Converter
TCI 242994 3 Disc 4100 Stall 4L60E Converter
TCI 243111 Super StreetFighter Converter 700R 12 in LU
TCI 242938 Streetfighter 4L60E F-Body
TCI 243106 Streetfighter Converter 700R4
TCI Automotive 242963 StreetFighter Converter, 84-05 700R4/4L60E
TCI Automotive 242700 Torque Converter, 1984-05 TH700R4/4L60E
TCI 243109 Streetfighter Converter 700R4 Multi LU
TCI 243016 StreetFighter Converter, 81-84 700R4/2004R/200C 10 in
TCI 243107 Breakaway 10 In Converter for 700R4/4L60E/Corvette
Q & A
Finally, Project Chevelle gets a real hot rod engine under its hood! And what about that flimsy old column shift three-speed? We've got that covered too.
Pat talks about our LS flexplate options.
Speedway Motors employee Pat O. is back to talk Ford Automatic OverDrive Kickdown brackets and kits.
Tech write-up and a video of a Lokar shifter install on an automatic transmission.
Follow along as Jeff installs an early 700R4 transmission for the big block in his 1967 Chevelle. See how this unit is upgraded and converted to a later 30 spline style.
Learn how to convert an engine using a Carbureted LS Conversion Kit, along with tips for a smooth install. Read more on the manifold and timing control module, which comes with an MSD ignition control box and wiring harness.
Learn how to select a torque converter. Read up on expert torque converter recommendations and learn how to choose the right stall for your application.