Steering and Brake Kit for 48 Inch Ford Axle
Universal Fit, Straight Axle Front Suspension Type, Not Included Shock Type
- Fits Ford spring over 48" axle kingpin center to center using a .813" kingpin
- Spindles modeled after 1937-41 Ford round back design, using forged 4140 steel for strength, kingpins already fit to spindle
- 11" vented iron rotors 1" thick for improved stopping performance
- Your choice of wheel bolt pattern 5 on 4-1/2" (Ford) with 1/2" studs or 5 on 4-3/4" (Chevy) with 7/16" studs
- Standard 78-88 GM metric calipers with 2-1/2" piston for easy replacement options
This kit makes it easy to order a steering and brake kit in plain or chrome for your Ford axle. Included in kit are forged '37-'41 Ford spindles with fitted kingpins, 1-3/4" dropped bolt-on arms, 11" brake rotors with 5 on 4.5" or 5 on 4.75" bolt pattern, brackets, bearings and seals, mounting hardware, GM Metric calipers, spindle nuts, dust caps, brake lines with tabs, tie rod ends, and tie rod tube.
- Ford Spindles
- One piece forged 4140 steel
- Modeled after the 1937-41 round-back design
- Standard king pins fit to spindles
- Spindle Identification Guide (Link)
- Speedway 11" Brake Kit
- 11" vented iron rotor, 1" thick
- Wheel studs - 1/2" Fine (4-1/2" BP), 7/16" Fine (4-3/4" BP)
- GM Metric '78-'88 calipers, 2-1/2" piston
Choose 46" or 48" axle width kit. For spring over axles only.
NotesIncludes rotors, spindles, bearings and seals, calipers, pads, caliper brackets, steering arms, tie rod ends, and tie rod tube.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
What's In The Kit
More Like This
Steering and Brake Kit for 46 Inch Ford Axle
Gasser Straight Axle, Chevy Spindle and Brake Kits, 56-1/2 Hub-to-Hub
Ford Front Axle Steering & Brake Kit, 48 Inch Axle
HD Gasser Straight Axle Chevy Spindle/Brake Kit 56-1/2 Hub-to-Hub
Ford Front Axle Steering & Brake Kit, 46 Inch Axle
Gasser Straight Axle, Ford Spindle and Brake Kits, 56-1/4 Hub-to-Hub
HD Gasser Straight Axle Chevy Spindle/Brake Kit 54-1/2 Hub-to-Hub
HD Gasser Straight Axle Chevy Spindle/Brake Kit 58-1/2 Hub-to-Hub
Chevy Front Axle Steering & Brake Kit, 46 Inch Axle
Gasser Straight Axle, Ford Spindle and Brake Kits, 58-1/4 Hub-to-Hub
Q & A
Speedway Motors and Classic Trucks joined teams to build a 1952 Chevy truck for the newest Week to Wicked build. Jason and Tom talk about the Speedway Motors Mustang II front suspension kit used on the build.
Learn about the importance of getting the chain tension set correctly, and why it is critical that we get it as near perfect as we can. Walkthrough a basic procedure that effectively and consistently gets the chain tension set properly every time.
Learn the proper method of blocking a race car in this step-by-step procedure to follow when performing this task. Learn why consistency is important and a few "not-to-do's".
Learn about Speedway Motor's Fully Assembled Rear Control Arm Kit and how it saves time and hassle. In this video, Joe and Kyle explain the benefits of this new product.
Step by step guide to the installation of the G-Comp front suspension.
In this Tech Tip, a returning customer asks for advice on building a front suspension kit for his Model A rat rod.
Looking for a cost effective way to upgrade the front of your car? This article shows the steps to replace upper and lower stock control arms with tubular control arms for added suspension strength.