Steering and Brake Kit for 48 Inch Ford Axle
Universal Fit, Straight Axle Front Suspension Type, Not Included Control Arm Style, Natural
- Fits Ford spring over 48" axle kingpin center to center using a .813" kingpin
- Spindles modeled after 1937-41 Ford round back design, using forged 4140 steel for strength, kingpins already fit to spindle
- 11" vented iron rotors 1" thick for improved stopping performance
- Your choice of wheel bolt pattern 5 on 4-1/2" (Ford) with 1/2" studs or 5 on 4-3/4" (Chevy) with 7/16" studs
- Standard 78-88 GM metric calipers with 2-1/2" piston for easy replacement options
This kit makes it easy to order a steering and brake kit in plain or chrome for your Ford axle. Included in kit are forged '37-'41 Ford spindles with fitted kingpins, 1-3/4" dropped bolt-on arms, 11" brake rotors with 5 on 4.5" or 5 on 4.75" bolt pattern, brackets, bearings and seals, mounting hardware, GM Metric calipers, spindle nuts, dust caps, brake lines with tabs, tie rod ends, and tie rod tube.
- Ford Spindles
- One piece forged 4140 steel
- Modeled after the 1937-41 round-back design
- Standard king pins fit to spindles
- Speedway 11" Brake Kit
- 11" vented iron rotor, 1" thick
- Wheel studs - 1/2" Fine (4-1/2" BP), 7/16" Fine (4-3/4" BP)
- GM Metric '78-'88 calipers, 2-1/2" piston
Choose 46" or 48" axle width kit. For spring over axles only.
Brake Pad Brand Guide (JPG)
Steering Arm Ends Guide (GIF)
Cross Steering Guide (GIF)
NotesIncludes rotors, spindles, bearings and seals, calipers, pads, caliper brackets, steering arms, tie rod ends, and tie rod tube.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
What's In The Kit
Q & A
Speedway Motors and Classic Trucks joined teams to build a 1952 Chevy truck for the newest Week to Wicked build. Jason and Tom talk about the Speedway Motors Mustang II front suspension kit used on the build.
When it comes to a traditional style build on an early hot rod it just has to be rolling on a solid front axle of some sort. In this buyer's guide we take you through I-beam and round tube solid axles, spindle choices, radius rod needs, and more.
Step by step guide to the installation of the G-Comp front suspension.
Here's a handy guide to familiarize you with our G-Comp line of performance suspension systems.