Steering and Brake Kit for 46 Inch Ford Axle
Universal Fit, Straight Axle Front Suspension Type, Not Included Control Arm Style
- This complete kit allows you to install new spindles and disc brakes on your 1937-48 Ford style axle
- New 4140 steel forged spindles are a strong update to the OEM Ford spindles
- The spindles were modeled after the 1937-41 round-back design, and work with standard kingpins
- The included disc brake kit uses 11" vented rotors measuring 1" thick for optimal surface area without requiring oversize wheels
- The GM Metric 1978-88 calipers feature a 2-1/2" piston for greater stopping power
This kit makes it easy to order a steering and brake kit in plain or chrome for your Ford axle. Included in kit are forged '37-'41 Ford spindles with fitted kingpins, 1-3/4" dropped bolt-on arms, 11" brake rotors with 5 on 4.5" or 5 on 4.75" bolt pattern, brackets, bearings and seals, mounting hardware, GM Metric calipers, spindle nuts, dust caps, brake lines with tabs, tie rod ends, and tie rod tube.
- Ford Spindles
- One piece forged 4140 steel
- Modeled after the 1937-41 round-back design
- Standard king pins fit to spindles
- Spindle Identification Guide (Link)
- Speedway 11" Brake Kit
- 11" vented iron rotor, 1" thick
- Wheel studs - 1/2" Fine (4-1/2" BP), 7/16" Fine (4-3/4" BP)
- GM Metric '78-'88 calipers, 2-1/2" piston
Choose 46" or 48" axle width kit. For spring over axles only.
NotesIncludes rotors, spindles, bearings and seals, calipers, pads, caliper brackets, steering arms, tie rod ends, and tie rod tube.
- Get FREE shipping when your order includes this item and exceeds $99! Ground shipping only in the contiguous US.
What's In The Kit
More Like This
Steering and Brake Kit for 48 Inch Ford Axle
Chevy Front Axle Steering & Brake Kit, 48 Inch Axle
Ford Front Axle Steering & Brake Kit, 48 Inch Axle
Gasser Straight Axle, Ford Spindle and Brake Kits, 58-1/4 Hub-to-Hub
Gasser Straight Axle, Chevy Spindle and Brake Kits, 58-1/2 Hub-to-Hub
Gasser Straight Axle, Ford Spindle and Brake Kits, 52-1/4 Hub-to-Hub
Chevy Front Axle Steering & Brake Kit, 46 Inch Axle
HD Gasser Straight Axle Chevy Spindle/Brake Kit 52-1/2 Hub-to-Hub
Spring-Behind 4 In Drop Tube Axle Front End for Ford Spindles
HD Gasser Straight Axle Chevy Spindle/Brake Kit 54-1/2 Hub-to-Hub
Q & A
Speedway Motors and Classic Trucks joined teams to build a 1952 Chevy truck for the newest Week to Wicked build. Jason and Tom talk about the Speedway Motors Mustang II front suspension kit used on the build.
Step by step guide to the installation of the G-Comp front suspension.
Check out these great tips and tricks on how to successfully lower the stance on a Chevy Bel Air.
Learn how to mount a traditional transverse rear leaf spring. These tips will help the installation run smoothly and successfully.
Step by Step instructions to install a G-comp rear suspension setup.
In this Tech Tip, a returning customer asks for advice on building a front suspension kit for his Model A rat rod.
Get a good foundation on racing shocks and their different functions. Learn about the fundamentals and the pros and cons between various types of shocks available.